Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
Naxer -fk- Apr 1 @ 12:37pm
Don't we have enough cosmetics? I'd love to see some new weapons
YES IT IS ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT ADDING WEAPONS. DEAL WITH IT.

I see some threads about adding some weapons but they doesn't seem serious. So what I want to talk about is adding some weapons instead of cosmetics (kinda obvious from the title).
So as you can see there are lots of items in the workshop: good, bad, hats, miscs, weapons etc. Sometimes you can find some uncommon picture or even a drawing from Paint... Why am I saying about it? Because only hats and miscs are getting approved. And why? Because they are easy to add. Everything is prepared to just add it to the game while weapons needs coding to give them stats. They also require some special stats that could change your strategy.
Let me just give an advice to Valve. I would love to see 10 new weapons instead of 50 hats and miscs. I don't want from you any special stats but just modifications of already invented ones. For ex. I'd like to have some weapon for Medic that would give me some passive resistance (not sure if that would be possible.).

I'd like to know from you people what do you think about this cosmetics avalanche and no weapons. And please I want this thread to be serious so don't comment something like "OMG HATS ARE AWEEEESOMEEEE AND YOU ARE NOOOOOB."
Last edited by Naxer -fk-; Apr 1 @ 12:43pm
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Narrator with a Bowler hat Apr 1 @ 12:38pm 
Not another "pls add new weps valvo, ur cheap, ah waht mah free uhpdatee."
Naxer -fk- Apr 1 @ 12:39pm 
And that is another unserious answer. I asked for being serious!
I agree with you. While i do like hats and misc items, it was quite a while since we got new weapons (the latest ones being those from the mecha update). We could seriously use some more weapons, Engineer should definatively get a few more, and pyro too.
=[o.W.n]= backstabbing101 Apr 3 @ 8:08pm 
Oh great, he suggests something as simple as approved weapons and he gets comments like Button mash's there, can you imagine the ammount of weapon makers who are really wishing their weapons would be approved? Those people take time to make the mesh alone, just imagine the time they take making the textures.
Naxer -fk- Apr 4 @ 4:46am 
Originally posted by backstabbing101:
Oh great, he suggests something as simple as approved weapons and he gets comments like Button mash's there, can you imagine the ammount of weapon makers who are really wishing their weapons would be approved? Those people take time to make the mesh alone, just imagine the time they take making the textures.

Someone even organised some sort of competition. His plan was posting lots of weapons in one day. Do you remember when workshop just got fully loaded with weapons with watermark of bullet? That was it, and what happened to them? They were ignored and another bunch of cosmetics covered the workshop.

EDIT: I reported zakaharif for spam by the way.
Last edited by Naxer -fk-; Apr 4 @ 4:47am
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 1 @ 12:37pm