le fedora king Mar 24 @ 2:05am
Suggestion: When voting in the workshop, require the user to enter a CAPTCHA
Hello! This was actually posted to reddit , but I was recommended I post it here too!

I think its fair to say the community is quite rife with the manipulation within the workshop. Recently with the situation concerning the threatening of artists (See HERE and HERE ) by EmpireTV.HEAVEN it has become quite clear that the situation has gotten out of hand, particularily when it begins to majorly affect a persons source of income.

To resolve the issue, Valve should require the voter to enter a CAPTCHA each time they wish to upvote an item in the workshop, thereby eliminating the issues with botting overall.

Of course other methods could be used, such as limiting votes depending on how much $ you've spent in store, or limited to how many hours your have etc etc, but I think its fair to say something needs to be done.
Last edited by le fedora king; Mar 24 @ 2:06am
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
rebelholic [csgotrade.com] Mar 24 @ 5:04am 
Its suggestion only suitable for TF2, Dota 2 & CS:GO. Also limited with steam level would be nice too. Beside of that, we need some information regarding upcoming changes on steam workshop on this year because current steam workshop system needs revamped..
Dr.Worm Mar 24 @ 8:16am 
Originally posted by "rebelholic [csgotrade.com:
steam level would be nice too.

I disagree with this there a lot of players who have had stea maccoutns for over 5+ years that aren't even level 5 or 6 in there steam levels and vote on the workshop that's a poor suggestion.

The reCAPTCHA though would be very helpful on preventing bots. I know that you're thinking that the steam level will stop some bots but not all bots. I think the CAPTCHA is the best solution for this problem.
Last edited by Dr.Worm; Mar 24 @ 8:17am
Mr.itan Mar 24 @ 9:52pm 
п
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 24 @ 2:05am