Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
This topic has been locked
What have YOU voted for on Greenlight today?!?!
I wanted a thread to promote some of those gems that get lost in the void that is Greenlight... sometimes I greenlight a couple a day... in the vain hope they'll get through... so to promote this (and please keep it going)...

What have you voted to Greenlight today?
I'll keep adding as I go!!

21/03/14 - Duelyst (looks amazing)

Last edited by One Man and his Droid; Mar 21, 2014 @ 7:48am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
amerk Mar 21, 2014 @ 7:46am 
You don't greenlight anything, Valve does, once it gets enough votes, and they tend to do these in batches every few weeks. Do you mean what we have voted for or against today?
Changed! (and what have you voted for today?!?)
Last edited by One Man and his Droid; Mar 21, 2014 @ 9:04am
Skoardy Mar 21, 2014 @ 9:20am 
...And this is valid/worthwhile thread because everyone likes the same thing?
Originally posted by Skoardy:
...And this is valid/worthwhile thread because everyone likes the same thing?

Quite the opposite!
It's to highlight possible future gems, spanning any/all genres, regardless of people's tastes!
(I'd love to see what games some people come up with - there must be so many out there that I personally must have missed!)

Have you voted yes for any recently?

Skoardy Mar 21, 2014 @ 1:27pm 
My point is you're just going to list games you like (and others hate) and others are going to list games they like (and you hate), and of course idiots are going to list games that are already sold on Steam (or they want on Steam) and sleazy devs are going to use it as an excuse to spam adverts for their own games (like, ironicly, those dipsticks from the game you listed did in another thread).

It's all going to serve no purpose at all but be an endlessly bumped thread containing a long list of games. If you're desperate to see a list of Greenlight games that you may or may not actually like, just go work through your queue.
Originally posted by Skoardy:
My point is you're just going to list games you like (and others hate) and others are going to list games they like (and you hate), and of course idiots are going to list games that are already sold on Steam (or they want on Steam) and sleazy devs are going to use it as an excuse to spam adverts for their own games (like, ironicly, those dipsticks from the game you listed did in another thread).

It's all going to serve no purpose at all but be an endlessly bumped thread containing a long list of games. If you're desperate to see a list of Greenlight games that you may or may not actually like, just go work through your queue.

Wow, that's a bit of a negative slant...

OR

You could argue that yes, people will definitely list games that interest them (of course they should) - and what's to stop you taking a look at a game that you might initially think "not for me" - but on closer inspection you think "hey, actually, looks cool after all"...

I think some of these games are slipping through the cracks - and what better way to raise a bit of awareness than highlighting some that really appeal...

Of course if this doesn't interest you, fair play, onwards and upwards, there's plenty of other threads you can comment on! Good luck to you! :)

(and of course, sincerest condolences on you buying X:Rebirth... really gutting...)
Last edited by One Man and his Droid; Mar 21, 2014 @ 1:41pm
Skoardy Mar 21, 2014 @ 2:02pm 
Originally posted by One Man and his Droid:
I think some of these games are slipping through the cracks - and what better way to raise a bit of awareness than highlighting some that really appeal...
Yes, appeal to *you*. I mean, I wouldn't be caught dead playing one of those truck simulators but you apparently enjoy them. I also don't think I could sometimes find two games on Greenlight each day that I'd buy were they greenlit but it seems you do. Obviously, we have a different set of standards - as does everyone.

These games aren't slipping through the cracks. People vote, they get given more to vote on. None of them get removed due to old age. The queue gives people a list with as much worth as people spouting on a forum post - better, in fact. Why do you think Valve don't offer a 'popular games' list?
Today...

I voted for Shadow Puppeteer - and it looks (a bit like Contrast) - but actually better!
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 21, 2014 @ 2:32pm 
@One Man and his droid: why didnt you use the existing thread for the same topic ?
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/discussions/-1/648812304939546838/?appid=765
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
@One Man and his droid: why didnt you use the existing thread for the same topic ?

Hey hey - cheers for the suggestion!

That thread is not quite the same - the games that are suggested are already on the store... so have already made it...

I really want to raise awareness of upcoming games that haven't quite made it yet...

Thanks for the tip though! Will take a look properly later!

Gorlom[Swe] Mar 21, 2014 @ 2:40pm 

That thread is not quite the same - the games that are suggested are already on the store... so have already made it...

I really want to raise awareness of upcoming games that haven't quite made it yet...
Yes obviously, as it is an older thread. but the OP specifies "Games on greenlight that has not been greenlit yet" so it is the same topic.
The games suggested were not greenlit at the time they were suggested. (for the most part at least)

Yes obviously, as it is an older thread. but the OP specifies "Games on greenlight that has not been greenlit yet" so it is the same topic.
The games suggested were not greenlit at the time they were suggested. (for the most part at least)

I'll take a look later, thanks again! ;)
Misha Mar 21, 2014 @ 6:48pm 
You seem to have only one post that is related to the topic title xD
But here is mine: Project land minded, lumika, and the echos of the wilds.
Changed! (and what have you voted for today?!?)
Today's offerings I can give you;

Lumo (reminds me of the old 'head over heels' games of old...)
Shark Attack (daft, but imagine it with OR)
Slip (standard platform fare - but with a nice red/blue mechanic - think Ikagura)

Not a bad list today (and quite a good variety!)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Mar 21, 2014 @ 6:45am