Team Fortress 2
Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
TheEndlessHorizon Mar 18 @ 2:21pm
Sniper set idea - The Universal Union.
Primary: The Overwatch
Level 17 Sniper Rifle
Perfect for the urban sniper, this high-tech rifle is sure to put down any resistance!

When scoped, a blue laser beam will emit from the sniper rifle, making the position of the sniper easy to determine. When scoped, snipers will not be able to move. When in use, sniper takes 20% more explosive damage while scoped. Aiming delay/bullet follows path of laser sight.
Fast charge time. Does 150 damage when fully charged, no matter where it hits. No random crits.

(Extremely powerful, but makes the sniper extremely vulnerable.)

Secondary: The Standard Issue
Level 3 Pulse Rifle
A dark-energy weapon from another world, what this weapon lacks in accuracy is made up with extreme stopping power.

Deals 15 damage per hit, fires 3 shot burst per click. When in use, player takes 20% more bullet damage. Same accuracy as SMG.

Cosmetic: Vocalist's Vocoder.
Changes Sniper lines to Combine radio chatter.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think? Give your ideas, I know mine are terrible.
Last edited by TheEndlessHorizon; Mar 18 @ 11:45pm
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
<calacera 1 Mar 18 @ 10:25pm 
All horribly underpowered.

What advantage does the Overwatch have? There's nothing but extremely severe penalties for seemingly no upside! Being unable to move while scoped is huge! But having vulnerability + a health penalty added on with a laser, aiming delay and the inability to noscope makes it absolutely horrific!

The SMG is not that great either. The bonus is relatively minor and the downsides are... awkward.
TheEndlessHorizon Mar 18 @ 11:38pm 
Originally posted by Kappatalism:
All horribly underpowered.

What advantage does the Overwatch have? There's nothing but extremely severe penalties for seemingly no upside! Being unable to move while scoped is huge! But having vulnerability + a health penalty added on with a laser, aiming delay and the inability to noscope makes it absolutely horrific!

The SMG is not that great either. The bonus is relatively minor and the downsides are... awkward.

Yeah, I agree. What are your ideas for the pros/cons?

Mine are meant to mirror their Half-Life 2 equavelents, so that might be why.
Combine are terribly underpowered, tbh

I've edited the stats a bit.
Last edited by TheEndlessHorizon; Mar 18 @ 11:41pm
sharifen Mar 19 @ 9:30am 
sniper:i was ever on your side ether winke
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 18 @ 2:21pm