hugopmrs Feb 28 @ 3:58pm
Steam error16
Hi everyone, Yesterday I bought Skyrim and was able to install two mods from the workshop, but since this morning, I am unable to install any more mods, I have an error message that says "failed to download the subscribed mod! Steam error 16!", and I tried with various mods to see if the problem was from one mod or another, it's always the same message.
I want to know if anyone already had that issue, and if it's coming from Steam servers, and in that case, is it going to be fixed by Steam?
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
OgreKid Feb 28 @ 4:08pm 
I had plenty of trouble with the steam workshop for skyrim, look into nexus mods for skyrim. You can find almost everything and then some on their websites.
morzillo Feb 28 @ 4:16pm 
This is not the Solution OgreKid!
The solution is steam fix the workshop. Many people hate Nexus.
Workshop, need other form to download. Suscribe is old and crappy form. Need to add download Link and if you like, Suscribe. And not using the cloud.

I have the same problem days ago and my error is Steam Error 15!
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Feb 28 @ 5:17pm 
If memory serves me correctly, error 16 is simply a connection error, preventing the action being carried out. By just trying again repeatedly, you will eventually make it behave itself, and the server will realise that you actually are connected to the internet.

The server may, of course, be offline...in which case, you will be ok once the server that your connection is using is back online.

Whatever, you can just plough through the error by repeating your attempt. Eventually, it will work. I got this myself when trying to upload creation kit edits to the workshop, by simply trying again, I managed to bypass the warning and succeed.
hugopmrs Feb 28 @ 10:33pm 
Ok thanks i'm going to try even if I already tried many times today, without sucess :-(
Rawlatex Mar 1 @ 2:46am 
:P stupid error .
hugopmrs Mar 1 @ 6:13am 
Yes!
Well finaly I just tried right now, it worked, so it means that it's related to Steam servers, I just had to wait. Thanks again people for trying to figure out what the problem was:
[KL] Master Dan [StormCats] Mar 1 @ 10:35am 
Of course it is.

You can even google the error codes to find out what they are.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 28 @ 3:58pm