Age of Empires II (2013)

Age of Empires II (2013)

Előre a Steam-korszakba
Fedezz fel új pályákat, többjátékos felállásokat és felhasználók készítette hadjáratokat. Vagy alkosd újra a játékélményt új hangokkal, látvánnyal, MI-vel, egységekkel és egyebekkel! Kész vagy megosztani alkotásod a világgal? Töltsd fel egyenesen a pályaszerkesztőből, vagy dolgozz össze barátokkal egy mesteri gyűjtemény készítéséhez.
Prevent Imperial age settings
Hi there,

Can anyone make a mod that adds a drop down box on the standard game section to limit what age is trainable?

For example, you could select Castle age and it would remove the "Advance to Imperial Age" button from your town hall for everyone.

Can this be done? Sure I was able to do this in the original.........
< >
111/11 megjegyzés mutatása
Modding the UI is next to impossible without source code. It is possible to completely prevent a certain age via a static mod, but no option will be provided to the player to re-enable it.
Thanks for the reply.

So simply uninstalling the mod would re-enable the selected age? Or would that require a fresh install?
what about just making certain units unavailable. so remove cannons and trebs, maybe cannon ships... can that work?
Not as usefull as being able to select what age is the max, but it is better than nothing, is it able to be done though?

I mean will it need source code to mod the UI as mentioned above?
It's doable- it has been done for the original cd-version of AoC through UserPatch. Check http://userpatch.aiscripters.net/

› Dracoᵢᵪ MAEHD eredeti hozzászólása:
Modding the UI is next to impossible without source code. It is possible to completely prevent a certain age via a static mod, but no option will be provided to the player to re-enable it.

This too was done through UserPatch for the original AoC (through assembly modifications). See the screenshot here:
http://i.imgur.com/AzgGOQP.png
right but quite a few things about the game were changed when they threw it on steam. can that be applied through steam? the original, and might i add free, version of AOF had that option buy when it was relised here it didnt have it :( . its a damn shame too, it made games so fun, but my guess is they took it out because it prob unbalanced games like a mother and doing multiplayer would have been a pain.
Yes, that drop down box with age limitations is perfect!

Hopefully this can be done via steam MOD and someone is willing to do it.............
You can disable units, buildings and tech from Vanilla Editor, can be used with Custom Scenarios.
http://i.imgur.com/FE6rSnE.png?1
Legutóbb szerkesztette: nhoobish; 2014. márc. 25., 11:10
-This is something that should be coming to the Steam version. It is on the wishlist but is low priority.
Restrict to Dark Age, militia rush FTW :D

Even less useful than the Tiberian Sun tech level 1 light soilder rush, haha.
I remember playing maps way back when Zone was still around where we were stuck in feudal =o Oh those days :P

You could always just play with friends or make custom scenario maps for now..
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Vicccious; 2014. ápr. 8., 22:01
< >
111/11 megjegyzés mutatása
Laponként: 1530 50

Közzétéve: 2014. febr. 17., 10:29