Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Advance to the Steam Age
Explore new maps, multiplayer scenarios, and user created campaigns. Or reinvent your game experience with new sounds, visuals, AI, units, and more! Ready to share your creations with the world? Upload right from the map editor, or collaborate with friends to create a masterpiece collection.
Doggy Feb 10, 2014 @ 6:15am
Real hd texture mod multiplayer-compatible?
Can i play with the mod in multiplayer when the other player dont use the mod? And in wich folder must i install the mod? Hope it doesnt overwrite the standard filers.
Last edited by Doggy; Feb 11, 2014 @ 12:26pm
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Ozhara 216 Feb 10, 2014 @ 6:39am 
All texture mods are fully mp compatible. :)

Normally the mod should extract itself after downloading while the games intro at your next game start. If it doesn't, mod files are extensionless zip files, just extract it from your AoE\mods folder to your AoE folder.

And yes, every mod changing a file, overwrites it.
To get the default back/uninstall a mod, unsubscribe from it and verify your game cache.

Before the verification, you have to do some manual work, for AoEs mod system isn't fully compatible with steams workshop. Additional mod files will never be deleted by steam. To get rid of them, you have to delete them manually.
Additional graphics are in AoE\data\slp and soundtrack files in AoE\sound\music.
Doggy Feb 10, 2014 @ 7:55am 
Thx for explain.But when i will delete the mod manual,how can i see what is a mod file and what is a AOE HD original file? When i delete a mod,i will not delete original-files.

Ozhara 216 Feb 10, 2014 @ 7:59am 
You can't see this.

But the verification of your game cache takes care of this. It doesn't 'uninstall' an unsubscribed mod, but deletes ALL edited original files, reloading their default - or in case you have a subscription that includes the file, loads the mods file again.

That way unsubscribed files aren't reloaded and get 'uninstalled'.
Doggy Feb 10, 2014 @ 8:03am 
Sorry but where can i find the game cache or which folder must i delete........and thx a lot for explain!!!!
Ozhara 216 Feb 10, 2014 @ 8:43am 
Go to your steam library, right click AoE and choose properties.
In the new dialog open the tab local files and click the verify button.
Doggy Feb 10, 2014 @ 8:48am 
Ozhara 216 Feb 10, 2014 @ 8:49am 
Glad I could help. :)
Enjoy AoE!
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 10, 2014 @ 6:15am