Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
GEOFBOT Jan 26 @ 12:58pm
Thompson SMG
I noticed that the sniper doesn't have a lot of SMGs, so I tried to make one. Not textured, rigged, packaged, etc yet. All I have so far is a model.

Is this a good idea? Or should I abort immediately because it is a terrible idea :P

Test render with Blender Internal render engine[tinypic.com]
Last edited by GEOFBOT; Jan 26 @ 12:59pm
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Narrator with a Bowler Hat Jan 26 @ 4:45pm 
the model is decent, it looks like an actual weapon, but it needs color, tf2 is all about being a clorful and funny game, a bland and all gray weapon just wouldn't fit unless it's over the top.
GEOFBOT Jan 26 @ 6:12pm 
Thanks, it's not textured yet.
GEOFBOT Jan 30 @ 2:22pm 
I've decided that instead of doing a Thompson, I should do something more creative. So now I'm going to model an SMG loosely based on the Skorpion. Perhaps it should be named the Pocket Punisher? What about Skorpion's Sting?
tips_fedora (Banned) Jan 31 @ 8:57am 
VALVe usually think of the name if yours doesn't seem all too great, so you don't need to worry much about that.
Also try to work around the stock sniper hands so that it doesn't clip too badly. It would be pretty cool if you could make the little metal thing at the top jiggle whilst firing, too.
GEOFBOT Jan 31 @ 4:53pm 
OK. I'm still learning my way around. :P I was messing with map itemtest, and there is a weird glitch where the slidey-thingy (is it a bolt?) is misplaced and doesn't noticeably animate when firing, so I wasn't able to test if such animation was working. This glitch happens on the stock SMG, too.
Clear Vision™ Feb 16 @ 2:09pm 
Any updates on this SMG?
GEOFBOT Feb 16 @ 5:31pm 
I decided to make a Skorpion-based SMG instead of a Thompson, but I'm focusing on hats and other simpler items for now to get more experience.
Last edited by GEOFBOT; Feb 16 @ 5:31pm
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 26 @ 12:58pm