Villan Jun 24, 2014 @ 1:40pm
Will this actually kick off?
I love this idea of bringing the mods to the community where you do all your gaming things. But will it actually hold weight and move the best modders from the game forums to the steam forums? Game developers like Bethesda and Rockstar leave lots of room for mods and even improvements, so I would love to see the best mod makers bring their work here. And if the plagiarism is true, then hopefully having the best modders come here to release their content will stop that from happening. What do you guys think? Will the workshop just be a trial? Or will it kick off and be a full fledged all games in one place modding community?
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
PekPek Jun 24, 2014 @ 2:01pm 
huh?
Villan Jun 24, 2014 @ 2:03pm 
In short, will the Steam Workshop be the one stop shop for game mods, or will we still have to look for the best mods on separate forums?
top kek Jun 24, 2014 @ 4:32pm 
I'd say it already kicked off for some games. Most notably TF2.
Bamak Jun 24, 2014 @ 4:54pm 
Truth
magabite Jun 25, 2014 @ 2:17am 
steam sould have a call in center
Mafen Jun 25, 2014 @ 7:29am 
Garrys Mod and Portal 2, look on them they both have over 345,000 thousand submissions each
Last edited by Mafen; Jun 25, 2014 @ 7:31am
Villan Jun 25, 2014 @ 10:46am 
Yes I agree all those games have a great community here, but those aforementioned games all kind of started on Steam. I'm talking more about the big developers communities moving here to Steam. As you can see in the forums people are a little upset about not having games such as Fallout supported here. Meaning they have to go elsewhere to find mods, and texture packs etc.. I do hope they are able to bring all the mod communities here to this one place, especially once the steam boxes are released. It would just make everything so much easier. You download the game, and then are immediately introduced to the workshop page for the game. Even game fixes for games like Simcity 4 should be put here, but I still have to go looking for these things.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 24, 2014 @ 1:40pm