Company of Heroes 2

The War continues with YOUR map
Maps, maps everywhere! Take a look through the Workshop to find the best new community-made content. Want to put your own map-making skills to the test? Open up the World Builder and create your own! Take a look at this nifty World Builder Guide to get started.
I want to make a Mod
I'm interested in making a Mod for this game that will take place during a different time period than WW2 and feature some new mechanics can anyone direct me to a community or website that can help me get pointed in the right direction for accomplishing my goals?
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
PureBunk 7 Jun 20 @ 4:16pm 
Modding is incredibly limited at the moment and for the forseeable future. You can visit this community for more info: http://www.coh2.org/forum/43/modding

You wouldn't be able to make new 3D models or units currently, but you can change how the game plays on a per map basis. Check out Janne252's maps in the workshop, as he made a capture the flag mode. But your idea is impossible right now.
JMWW2 24 Jun 21 @ 11:56am 
You could check my maps I restricted the units to the year which the battle happened and set my custom commanders to respect the historical caracteristics of each battle
Trigg 5 Jun 21 @ 7:34pm 
Originally posted by JM:
You could check my maps I restricted the units to the year which the battle happened and set my custom commanders to respect the historical caracteristics of each battle
Thanks for mentioning this - it's nice to see how it's done.

Plus I like a historical slant. I'll try to find time to play one of your maps.
alwaysbehumble Jun 24 @ 2:07am 
Originally posted by PureBunk:
Modding is incredibly limited at the moment and for the forseeable future. You can visit this community for more info: http://www.coh2.org/forum/43/modding

You wouldn't be able to make new 3D models or units currently, but you can change how the game plays on a per map basis. Check out Janne252's maps in the workshop, as he made a capture the flag mode. But your idea is impossible right now.

Just wonder: Is there any population mod currently available that lifts the pathetic 100 cap?
There was once a population mod in 2013 launching through -mod code, which is no longer workable after this year's updates

I am thumping my chest in frustration over that senseless restriction...
Trigg 5 Jun 24 @ 2:20am 
AFAIK you have to make that change on a per-map basis.

I've had pretty good luck searching the workshop for "pop" to find maps that have higher population, or searching for a specific number as well.
Kodi twitch.tv/kodimynatt Aug 12 @ 7:01pm 
Great info and thanks for the forum resource, one of the primary elements I want to add is a civilaian faction that would populate the maps, players would get penalties for killing them and maybe active interaction with them like conscription, looting, intergegation. Would love any thoughts
Last edited by Kodi twitch.tv/kodimynatt; Aug 12 @ 7:02pm
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50