Left 4 Dead 2
Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam? Click here to learn more.
Vroknokmen Jun 9 @ 4:32pm
Mod request Common infected sound
Im looking for someone that can make the common infected louder. For those people that have crappy headphones or just want louder infected this would be a very helpful mod for gameplay. i will ignore negative posts. Thanks
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Kadaj Silverwing 1 Jun 19 @ 3:37pm 
its quite possible to increase the volume by increasing the actaul audio files decibols' (db). mp3gain is a good program to use to do that. or do you mean something else?
Vroknokmen Jun 19 @ 11:32pm 
Originally posted by Kadaj Silverwing:
its quite possible to increase the volume by increasing the actaul audio files decibols' (db). mp3gain is a good program to use to do that. or do you mean something else?
you sound like you know what im talking about, of course i know nothing about modding so i havnt a clue what you said
Last edited by Vroknokmen; Jun 19 @ 11:32pm
HARD4GAME!!! Jun 20 @ 12:52am 
???
Vroknokmen Jun 20 @ 4:32pm 
Originally posted by FpS_Ok?:
???
Im looking for someone to make a sound mod for commen infected to make them louder
Maniac 2 Jun 27 @ 8:47am 
I can help you. Please let me know if you are still interested...
Vroknokmen Jun 27 @ 3:18pm 
Originally posted by Maniac:
I can help you. Please let me know if you are still interested...
i am
Maniac 2 Jun 27 @ 5:39pm 
Okay, I think by tomorrow I have finished and uploaded it to the workshop.
I'll try to figure out the maximum volume without any distortion.
In addition to audio editing, I will still need to adjust configuration files, and of course I test it before. :)
Knappy 60 Jun 27 @ 7:48pm 
Simply increasing the gain on an audio file with cause clipping and peak distortion. If you want to increase the volume of the infected sounds you can try WaveHammer (or a limiter) to limit the peak levels to avoid peak gains. Mind you, compressions will result in loss of audio quality doing this if you are not familiar with sound editing.

I replaced the entire L4D2 Soundtrack[soundcloud.com]
Last edited by Knappy; Jun 27 @ 7:51pm
Maniac 2 Jun 27 @ 8:33pm 
I raise the volume with a "RMS normalizer" using the psychoacoustic model and a "PeakMaster" limter. The "DC offset" is also removed.
I will not make any compression of the audio data. Everything remains in its original format.
Vroknokmen Jun 27 @ 11:28pm 
Originally posted by Knappy:
Simply increasing the gain on an audio file with cause clipping and peak distortion. If you want to increase the volume of the infected sounds you can try WaveHammer (or a limiter) to limit the peak levels to avoid peak gains. Mind you, compressions will result in loss of audio quality doing this if you are not familiar with sound editing.

I replaced the entire L4D2 Soundtrack[soundcloud.com]
i dont know what you said thats how clueless i am but i love your sounds and listening to ellis loves zoey is awesome lol
Knappy 60 Jun 28 @ 6:45am 
See this and this to help you understand.
Maniac 2 Jun 29 @ 10:48pm 
Unfortunately I had yesterday a lot more to do than I expected and therefore no time to finish the addon. But I have done it now. I hope you will enjoy it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=278643264
Vroknokmen Jun 30 @ 2:45pm 
Originally posted by Maniac:
Unfortunately I had yesterday a lot more to do than I expected and therefore no time to finish the addon. But I have done it now. I hope you will enjoy it.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=278643264
thanks alot i love it and im sure i wont be the only one
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jun 9 @ 4:32pm
Posts: 13