Age of Empires II: HD Edition
Advance to the Steam Age
Explore new maps, multiplayer scenarios, and user created campaigns. Or reinvent your game experience with new sounds, visuals, AI, units, and more! Ready to share your creations with the world? Upload right from the map editor, or collaborate with friends to create a masterpiece collection.
olympus429 May 29, 2014 @ 8:26am
Reskin mod issues
Hi, I have a couple of questions relating to reskin mods for AOE2 HD

1) I downloaded a reskin mod for AOE2 on the workshop and it wiped ALL The Forgotten campaigns and messed up the tech tree interface. How do I fix that?

2) Are there any mods that have an Imperial Age skin for buildings?
Last edited by olympus429; May 29, 2014 @ 8:26am
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Ozhara 235 May 29, 2014 @ 10:28pm 
1) This is stated in the mods description as far as I know. Instead of adding changed unit graphics seperately it changes the main/default graphics file.
And for this was done to the main file of HD, it misses all FE additions.
You can extract that file though - but you have to rename all files.

2) There are some mods changing the buildings for classic AoE, but most of them aren't complete. Here to, you have to rename them all to work.

The renaming thing is due to AoE uses the graphics ids for naming (and therefore classic AoE mods too) while the new mod system uses their real names. So you have to get these real names (from the dat file) and rename the files. There is no easy way for this beside beeing lucky to find a list on the web or a person that already knows these names.
olympus429 May 30, 2014 @ 4:53am 
Is it possible to wait until 3.6 for the mod to be undone and The Forgotten Campaign to be restored?
Ozhara 235 May 30, 2014 @ 5:02am 
The author said, right after FE beeing published, that he wants to include all still missing unit reskins as well as change to seperate graphic files with the mods next update.

But since then there wasn't that much new information (or any update) - at least here on steam. He said he works on new units for the ToME mod and it seems he is much more active on AoKHeaven. So I suggest to take a look at his reskin mod there.

Beside this - you can unsubscribe from the mod at every time to make its changes undone (verify game cache). A new patch would do the 'same' - overwrite the changed files with the patched ones - which means you loose all modded content from these files.

Until there is an update - and it doesn't seem like there will be one in the near future - you can't use it with FE together - without compatability issues - without changing the interferring stuff manually.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50