Age of Empires II: HD Edition
Advance to the Steam Age
Explore new maps, multiplayer scenarios, and user created campaigns. Or reinvent your game experience with new sounds, visuals, AI, units, and more! Ready to share your creations with the world? Upload right from the map editor, or collaborate with friends to create a masterpiece collection.
Esparado May 27, 2014 @ 8:27am
How do I make a completely normal map that affects starting units.
Ok, so I made a map trying to make it like a normal map (where factions matter, chinese have 2 + villager and aztek, maya, inca start with Eagle scout instead of scout cavalry. e.t.c).
But it seems I can only start with the units I myself put on the map, I have no idea, how to fix this.
Is there a special towncenter building that fixes this, or do i have to use triggers?
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Bassefrom 8 May 27, 2014 @ 1:20pm 
You will have to use triggers, loads of triggers, to simulate the effect of an RM startup.

Basically 1 for every civ and then multiplied by the number of players.
Last edited by Bassefrom; May 27, 2014 @ 1:21pm
Esparado May 27, 2014 @ 1:45pm 
Thanks for answer :)
Now I need a map with those triggers, so I can see what triggers that need to be made...is there a map that is like this that i can download via steam workshop?
Esparado May 27, 2014 @ 1:49pm 
wait a sec, just one trigger per civ?
Is there a certain civ trigger (condition) that fix this?
Bassefrom 8 May 27, 2014 @ 1:52pm 
That I do not know. Basically you need 1 trigger to research civ-specific technologies, popular ones are the elite units for each civ. Then a new trigger for each civ that looks something like this:

Condition: Research Technology: Elite Chu Ko Nu
Effect: Create Villager etc.

However, this means the elite upgrade is available from the start of the game, so if the game plays like RM, all civs will have their elite units in castle age. There a way to prevent this for the original aoe2, but it doesn't work in HD Edition since an importan program is not supported by HD Edition, namely a program called Trigger Studio.
Esparado May 27, 2014 @ 1:57pm 
Crap, so the ONLY way to do what i want to do in aoe hd edition is to make manual triggers for each civ times each player....man that is going to take a while...
Bassefrom 8 May 27, 2014 @ 2:05pm 
Originally posted by Esparado:
Crap, so the ONLY way to do what i want to do in aoe hd edition is to make manual triggers for each civ times each player....man that is going to take a while...

Yeah. Trigger Studio makes you able to copy triggers, making them a lot easier to edit and you can also duplicate the triggers so the program creates the triggers for you so you only need to make minor changes in game. Too bad it is not compatible with HD Edition >.<
Roberto (BR) Jun 4, 2014 @ 2:36am 
It's much harder than you're saying.
You have, firstly, to create 1 trigger for player1 (n copy for each other player) researching every special tec (A: chu ko nu; A: jaguar warrior; etc). Then, create (n after copy for each player) one trigger for each possible civ u can get, with a condition -research tec: A: jaguar warrior, and so on. You will be able to detect civs in those triggers and then add effects there
Roberto (BR) Jun 4, 2014 @ 2:38am 
Ah, and duh, just create the scen in AOK, use trigger studio, and then transfern it to AOK:HD
Bassefrom 8 Jun 4, 2014 @ 3:09am 
Originally posted by Roberto:
Ah, and duh, just create the scen in AOK, use trigger studio, and then transfern it to AOK:HD

Providing OP has the original of course.
Roberto (BR) Jun 4, 2014 @ 3:51pm 
Nope, he can download it via torrent by free (if he wants, of course)
Bassefrom 8 Jun 4, 2014 @ 3:58pm 
Originally posted by Roberto:
Nope, he can download it via torrent by free (if he wants, of course)

That is illegal however ;)
Roberto (BR) Jun 5, 2014 @ 12:00pm 
Yea, I know, I'm just saying that here's a way... (I have original fyi)
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50