Steam Greenlight
Anybody think Steam Greenlight need some reworking or at least go away ?
Seriously ever since Steam Greenlight was introduced more garbage get greenlight and released on steam especially a lot of game that are using RPG Maker. They need to have at least some kind of control to approved better quality game. Not game that come out like it was made in 2000-2004. I slowly losing faith in this greenlight system mainly because a lot of trash game being released lately especially broken and buggy game that developer refused to fix which they need to rely on patch when they could have tested the game in first place !!!! Not to mentioned so many mobile games get released on steam too -_-

Next thing you know we will see candy crush and flappy birds on steam...........
Viimeisin muokkaaja on !!!!; 15.5.2014 klo 18.17
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 16 kommentista
† ɱɱɵ ʊɭʈṛα † lähetti viestin:
Anybody think Steam Greenlight need some reworking or at least go away ?
Yes, Gabe Newell, February 2013. But not because of the same 'people like what I don't like!', 'occasional bad apple, burn down the orchard!' or 'pc snob' reasons you have.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Skoardy; 15.5.2014 klo 18.51
You do not understand the point of Greenlight.
You have misguided expectations of Greenlight
You are hyperboleing.
You could just research games before buying them.
You do not have a single valid point.

Besides why do you care? Does this in any way affect you? If so how has it affected you so far?
Do you have some kind of compulsion to buy stuff that gets Greenlit? Maybe you should give someone else power of attourney over your money (giving you a weeekly allowance) so that you can't spend it all on Games on Steam?
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Gorlom[Swe]; 15.5.2014 klo 19.09
Maybe Steam should give a refund when requested since it looks like half of these games are pretty bad and im pretty sure the number that actually suck is more than half.
scarywombat69 lähetti viestin:
Maybe Steam should give a refund when requested since it looks like half of these games are pretty bad and im pretty sure the number that actually suck is more than half.
Why are you blowing your money on games you 'pretty sure' know suck?
Ive bought kerbal, kenshi, and star forge. So ive spent maybe $50. I look through the greenlight to see whats coming in the future. That and steam advertises these games along with already released games so an early access game is almost inevitable to see at some point.
you don't get refunds because a game sucks or is boring.
You do get refunds if the dev is dishonest. (Earth 2066 dev, I'm looking at you)
Ive bought kerbal, kenshi, and star forge. So ive spent maybe $50. I look through the greenlight to see whats coming in the future. That and steam advertises these games along with already released games so an early access game is almost inevitable to see at some point.
I do not understand why seeing an SEA game means you have to buy it? That sounds like some really terrible compulsotory behaviour. You should probably have someoen else hold on to your money for you.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Gorlom[Swe]; 17.5.2014 klo 23.17
If anything, Valve should charge you double just too help the lesson sink in.
GorlomSwe lähetti viestin:
You do get refunds if the dev is dishonest. (Earth 2066 dev, I'm looking at you)
I do not understand why seeing an SEA game means you have to buy it? That sounds like some really terrible compulsotory behaviour. You should probably have someoen else hold on to your money for you.

Good one, watch out for you. I dont think spending $50 means someone should hold on to my money for me. I think the compulsory behavior that should be looked into is the rabble rousing that certain people tend to do towards other players...
GorlomSwe lähetti viestin:

Good one, watch out for you. I dont think spending $50 means someone should hold on to my money for me. I think the compulsory behavior that should be looked into is the rabble rousing that certain people tend to do towards other players...
Sorry, it seemed to concern a lot more than $50. I thought you bought every SEA game you saw in the store.
This comment is what confused me:
so an early access game is almost inevitable to see at some point.

I still don't really understand your original concern. Why is seeing SEA games a bad thing?
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Gorlom[Swe]; 18.5.2014 klo 12.07
Based on the original title of this discussion I think that Greenlight can make some easy changes for us. For example, I am 43, have no kids so I would never buy a kids game. So any greenlight games for kids would get an automatic NO vote from me. I am saying this because at the time of this posting I have gone through over 900 titles already. I also do not play puzzle games, I know other players do, but if I understand the point of Steam is to find out if I would buy the game if it were offered and all of those puzzle games got a NO vote from me.
I would also like to see there be a seperate section for the phone and tablet games. I play games on the PC, I only vote Yes for games that I can play on the PC. I know that some players play games on their phones and tablets.

I think that a few simple changes would make all the difference in the world for Greenlight.

At the very least they should give us categories of games we would never buy and keep them out of our own queues.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Strategy Player; 27.5.2014 klo 0.18
Strategy Player lähetti viestin:
At the very least they should give us categories of games we would never buy and keep them out of our own queues.
Until you can get all developers to agree what catergories are what, this wouldn't happen (or help).

Some would think because their action-adventure-platformer (a game which you'd love in this imaginary scenario) has the character drag a key from location A to door B, that constitutes a 'puzzle' and since you dislike puzzle games, you'd miss out voting on a game you'd snap up in a second were it on the store.

Likewise, most devs are aware that mobile/tablet games get are victim to silly bias so would argue that since they're adding X, tweaking Y and expanding Z for their Mac/PC/Linux version, it doesn't deserve the same tarring/feathering its brethren receives and so wouldn't tag it in the plague-carrier category.
Strategy Player lähetti viestin:
Based on the original title of this discussion I think that Greenlight can make some easy changes for us. For example, I am 43, have no kids so I would never buy a kids game. So any greenlight games for kids would get an automatic NO vote from me. I am saying this because at the time of this posting I have gone through over 900 titles already. I also do not play puzzle games, I know other players do, but if I understand the point of Steam is to find out if I would buy the game if it were offered and all of those puzzle games got a NO vote from me.

I think that a few simple changes would make all the difference in the world for Greenlight.

I would imagine that you could just select the categories you want to see in your que in the advanced options to help sort your que a bit.
Alternativly you can sort it for the categories you don't like and press "no" on all of them without reading untill there are none left. Then you can browse the games you might like in peace.

PS Kudos on understanding how the voting works ^^. That seems to be a difficult concept for many people to grasp for some reason :(.

I would also like to see there be a seperate section for the phone and tablet games. I play games on the PC, I only vote Yes for games that I can play on the PC. I know that some players play games on their phones and tablets.
I can't tell. Are you aware that there are no mobile phone games/apps being sold through Steam, or are you just ranting on the games that are simultaniously developed for mobile devices as well as PC?
All the games in Steam Greenlight should be possible to play on your PC (assuming for Operating Systems)
I've gone to the Greenlight page and clicked on "Released." It goes to the first page of the "Released" list, but after I've looked at the first page, I click the forwarding arrow and it says, "No items have been released yet."
I'm using Steam's Chrome app on Windows 8.1.
Well, it looks as though it's fixed itself.
LawSuth lähetti viestin:
I've gone to the Greenlight page and clicked on "Released." It goes to the first page of the "Released" list, but after I've looked at the first page, I click the forwarding arrow and it says, "No items have been released yet."
I'm using Steam's Chrome app on Windows 8.1.

LawSuth lähetti viestin:
Well, it looks as though it's fixed itself.
Why did you use this thread for an offtopic buggreport or whatever it is? It has nothing to do with the title of this thread.

Shouldn't you have contacted Steam support? Made a seperate thread? Deleted the post(s) when the issue fixed itself in just 5 minutes?
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Gorlom[Swe]; 4.6.2014 klo 17.09
< >
Näytetään 1-15 / 16 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50

Lähetetty: 15.5.2014 klo 18.16