Steam Greenlight
Unturned 2 was not Greenlit?
This is bs, Unturned 2 was 3rd top voted and most of the 75 games do not look appealing at all.

One was a RCT3 ripoff, several of them looked IOS app quality and no one wants to play MMOs.

Seriously?
3rd highest voted and you couldn't replace it with a lower quality game?
< >
110/10 megjegyzés mutatása
First: How do you know they were third highest voted? and what do you even mean by that?

Secondly: Valve picks whichever games they want, it's not based on just a single requirement.
Gorlom, Unturned 2 had a blogspot: http://sdgdevelopment.blogspot.ca/. You could have seen there if it was 3# or 6# or what ever rank it was.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: samoyeet; 2014. máj. 15., 9:35
Ok. That explains how Razor6Respawn knew the rank... but not really why he made this thread as the author of that game said he was going to contact Valve himself. (Although I'm not really following what he is saying in the red text "edit" at the top. It seems a bit contradicting or mixing/misusing terms.)

Still the high rank does not guarantee getting Greenlit. Rank has never been a guarantee. As previously alluded to Valve looks at a number of other factors as well. Such as trending, support outside of Greenlight, winning indie awards and more. They pick what they pick and getting upset about it is just counterproductive.

PS: I don't think Unturned 2 looks appealing or like "quality" at all so to the last question Razor6Respawn asked: no.

PPS: I doubt it has anything to do with any of the issues listed by the author or any suggested by the people in the comments section. Valve was just more interested in other games, for whatever reason.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Gorlom[Swe]; 2014. máj. 15., 9:52
GorlomSwe eredeti hozzászólása:
Ok. That explains how Razor6Respawn knew the rank... but not really why he made this thread as the author of that game said he was going to contact Valve himself.
It's part of his plan to kick up a fuss/spit the dummy, whatever you want to call it. He himself called for others to spam Steam and 'RIOT RIOT RIOT!', so there you go.
Thank god it wasn´t! Another crappy voxel game is the last thing we need on steam.

Listen, the jury makes mistakes. Yes. But they still look for QUALITY GAMES!

MAYBE a lof of ppl like this game here...
But
A lot of votes does NOT equal a quality game!!!
The main reason it wasn't chosen was because its F2P, Valve doesn't make any money on a free to play game unless it has ingame purchases.

And if you played the first game (which I see you didn't) you wouldn't be assuming it's a bad quality game.

But seriously, doesn't valve make enough money already?
They couldn't have spared a spot for 3rd most voted even if its F2P?
Fine it's not going to be on Greenlit this month, but then a bunch of people come along and start judging the game on its graphical style without even trying the first one.

And that just for the sake of trying to be as much of an ass as possible.
Razor6Respawn eredeti hozzászólása:
The main reason it wasn't chosen was because its F2P, Valve doesn't make any money on a free to play game unless it has ingame purchases.
So you're thinking that because Valve have no true F2P games whatsoever on Steam that they're clearly bias? That they greenlight so few games (up from 10 a month to about 150 a month), that they desperately need to fill every single one of those 150+ slots with a paying title? Couldn't spare a single slot for an apparently popular game? Well, that's certainly one theory.
Is this deduction or do you have an official statement somewhere? That sounds really odd/weird imo.

And if you played the first game (which I see you didn't) you wouldn't be assuming it's a bad quality game.
Fine it's not going to be on Greenlit this month, but then a bunch of people come along and start judging the game on its graphical style without even trying the first one.

And that just for the sake of trying to be as much of an ass as possible.
You do understand that your point about unturned 2's quality also applies to the games that got greenlit, right? You're judging their quality based on your assumptions. OR have you somehow tried them all out?
I'm just acting as a reflection of you. I you think I'm an ass about it then it has to be because you see one in the mirror.

Sorry, I didn't understand the last part.
Don't try to explain.
< >
110/10 megjegyzés mutatása
Laponként: 1530 50

Közzétéve: 2014. máj. 15., 7:13