Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
XxGamerNickxX May 15 @ 5:16am
Games with free keys, when you voted
Hello, just a little question for all, does anyone know, where you get a key, when you greenlighted a game?
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] May 15 @ 5:37am 
There is no included function for that as it is quite undesirable behaviour. It's seriously douchy behaviour from the developer playing on peoples greed and desire for "free stuff" instead of their interest in the game.
It subverts the point of the question and the answer given.

Also you can't get any keys until the game in question have been greenlit AND released.
I personally have no idea how the developer will know who has pressed the "yes" button for their game and how they will deliver the keys, so it might also be fraudulent marketing. Unless they just hand out keys to anyone that comes by and claim they pressed "yes" way back.

Borrom line: if you pressed the "yes" button, then buy the damn game.
XxGamerNickxX May 15 @ 6:31am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
There is no included function for that as it is quite undesirable behaviour. It's seriously douchy behaviour from the developer playing on peoples greed and desire for "free stuff" instead of their interest in the game.

Also you can't get any keys until the game in question have been greenlit AND released.
I personally have no idea how the developer will know who has pressed the "yes" button for their game and how they will deliver the keys, so it might also be fraudulent marketing. Unless they just hand out keys to anyone that comes by and claim they pressed "yes" way back.

They make a extra discussion, when they voted, then say in this discussion, that you voted
Gorlom[Swe] May 15 @ 6:38am 
I think everyone shouldjust say they pressed "yes" even if they didn't. That way they still get free crap without contributing to that crap getting unjustified support to get onto Steam instead of other better game. A "better game is defined as "a game that isn't resorting to bribing people for votes because that game isn't good enough to get in without it".
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; May 15 @ 7:31am
Skoardy May 15 @ 7:36am 
I'd be unsurprised if these scummy devs didn't also use that as an excuse not to hand out any keys, saying that more people claimed to have voted than did so they've no way of telling who is lying. If they're prepared to circumvent Greenlight with bribes, I wouldn't put it past them.
Skoardy May 16 @ 2:30pm 
...And another one has started with the same scummy promotion, actually announcing it on the project page itself. Result - about 40 pages already full of sheep bleating 'Voted'. Would be nice if Valve stamped out this practice.
ima taze u bro™ May 16 @ 4:16pm 
fake
Thôrek May 16 @ 4:33pm 
fake ?
Gorlom[Swe] May 16 @ 4:37pm 
Originally posted by Thorek:
fake ?
Obviously fake. The game XxGamerNickxX is talking about (which ever it is) is not handing out free copies of their game! They lied!

Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) May 20 @ 9:42am 

Originally posted by Skoardy:
I'd be unsurprised if these scummy devs didn't also use that as an excuse not to hand out any keys, saying that more people claimed to have voted than did so they've no way of telling who is lying. If they're prepared to circumvent Greenlight with bribes, I wouldn't put it past them.

For some reason, I always got my steam key from thes promos
how come
Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) May 20 @ 9:44am 

dont worry,steamgift forum and other best deal websites do take of the advertising of these promos :)
Beside excuse me sir, but I had interest in those games I voted. Not only bc free gamez, but because those games were quite decent
Aleks Rodriguez May 20 @ 9:50am 
Я крут
Gorlom[Swe] May 20 @ 11:21am 
Originally posted by Tatsuya Hiroki:
Beside excuse me sir, but I had interest in those games I voted. Not only bc free gamez, but because those games were quite decent
would you have bought them if there wasn't a free gamecopy promo?
Tatsuya Hiroki (HU) May 20 @ 11:22am 
Originally posted by Tatsuya Hiroki:
would you have bought them if there wasn't a free gamecopy promo?
actually quite likely
Gorlom[Swe] May 20 @ 11:32am 
Great. Then I'm glad you were "voting" correctly, and happy you got hold of the games you like. Even if I find the practise of promoting things that way to be very shady, I'm more happy that you are using Greenlight correctly.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; May 20 @ 11:32am
Live_2_Win May 27 @ 1:39pm 
Uh and what if you voted for the game and it was $80? Should you still have to buy?
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 15 @ 5:16am