The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
Valencia_Bolaire May 14, 2014 @ 8:14pm
Skyrim drops AT LEAST once a day. Why?
Skyrim will drop completely when I'm in the middle of the game (thankfully I save a lot.) It seems like this happens whenever there's any time of update and sometimes there small stupid updates that i can't believe dropped my game. The only dlc I have on it is Hearthfire. And I don't use any addons. So does it keep doing this purely because of updates? Because it's really annoying and I'd appreciate background updates over this. As for my computer, it's a business computer and it sucks for gaming, but that's what happens when your father insists that he knows more about computers and forces you to buy what he wants. So if anyone knows why it's doing this, I'd appreciate the answers. And sorry if I put this in the wrong area or not. (I'm new to Steam.) Thanks.
Last edited by Valencia_Bolaire; May 14, 2014 @ 8:15pm
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
nannyoggins May 15, 2014 @ 11:21am 
I sympathise about the father thing believe me! I think some men believe they are born with a USB attachment in their pants, so are naturally more technically minded!
You can set each game not to update automatically in its own section and a general update choice in the Steam /Settings/Downloads from the main menu. It may not be that which is causing your game to drop out though.
matonr5 May 16, 2014 @ 7:59am 
I have the same problem and I have a higher end pc. I also have a lot of mods.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 14, 2014 @ 8:14pm