Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
PJ May 10, 2014 @ 6:30am
Making new Gothic Styled MMO
Just wondering what people would like to see in it? Already have own houses, armor/weapons and daily quests alongside a factory to produce thread for unique clothing. Ready for PC and Mobile. Chapter 1-3 is nearing complete.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] May 10, 2014 @ 7:40am 
The greenlight forum is a terrible place for this. The only honest/not nonsense responses will be from a few people that realize they don't speak for enough people, and thus doesnt really want to offer their opinion. All the rest will be from spammers, badgehunters and people that don't read more than the topic title and then makes everything else up.

This forum really doesn't have enough seruious traffic to get any valuable feedback.
You might get enough feedback if you make a concept page (free) or a greenlight page ( one time fee of $100)
People tend to be more generous commenting on game pages then reading forum threads.

But ultimately I'd suggest generating interest somewhere outside of Greenlight. Do you have a website, presence on NEOGAF? reddit? twitter? forum related to either gothic styled games or MMOs?
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; May 10, 2014 @ 7:41am
AusSkiller May 10, 2014 @ 9:00am 
The only thing I ever want from MMOs is to not have to pay for monthly subscriptions or micro transactions, ideally I'd like a one time up front cost but obviously that's not that viable with server costs and all so what I'd like to see instead is the option for a subscription based on in-game time, something like $20 for 50 hours of game time seems fair as long as it doesn't expire in under a year. It may not be as good value as a monthly subscription for people who will play a lot (so keep the monthly subs too) but for people like me who don't just play the one game it means I know exactly how much game I'm getting for my money and I can just play it when I feel like without feeling pressured into playing it every hour I can for that month to get value out of my subscription. It would allow me to just play for a few hours in a month if I want and not feel like I'm getting ripped off.
Skoardy May 10, 2014 @ 9:10am 
Do I want to play a PC MMO that has been hobbled just so you can sell it on a mobile platform as well? No. Not in the slightest.
C0untzer0 May 10, 2014 @ 9:23am 
Originally posted by AusSkiller:
I can just play it when I feel like without feeling pressured into playing it every hour I can for that month to get value out of my subscription. I
Been there, it does kill the fun and adventure of (eg EVE), In my experience.
AusSkiller May 11, 2014 @ 12:45am 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
Been there, it does kill the fun and adventure of (eg EVE), In my experience.
Exactly. But IMO EVE had bigger problems, as far as I could tell from my free month playing it all I'd need to do to progress my character is log in, select the skill, then log out, no need to ever actually play, and given it's all based on elapsed real time I was able to calculate exactly how long and how much money it would take before I could do what I wanted, which was well over what I was willing to commit to (over two years), and no amount of play would change that :(. It was very disappointing as it was by far the most tempting MMO I've ever tried, and if character progression had been tied to gameplay I'd probably have caved into the monthly subscriptions, but I'm not going to pay to play a waiting game in which I can never catch up to other users.
Shu May 11, 2014 @ 5:49pm 
Originally posted by AusSkiller:
The only thing I ever want from MMOs is to not have to pay for monthly subscriptions or micro transactions, ideally I'd like a one time up front cost but obviously that's not that viable with server costs and all so what I'd like to see instead is the option for a subscription based on in-game time, something like $20 for 50 hours of game time seems fair as long as it doesn't expire in under a year. It may not be as good value as a monthly subscription for people who will play a lot (so keep the monthly subs too) but for people like me who don't just play the one game it means I know exactly how much game I'm getting for my money and I can just play it when I feel like without feeling pressured into playing it every hour I can for that month to get value out of my subscription. It would allow me to just play for a few hours in a month if I want and not feel like I'm getting ripped off.
If the game is GOOD, b2p is perfectly viable, look at guild wars 2. People who make their game f2p/p2p are either cashgrabbing or they're not confident their game is actually good.
Gorlom[Swe] May 12, 2014 @ 2:04am 
what is "b2p"?
C0untzer0 May 12, 2014 @ 2:09am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
what is "b2p"?
Buy to Play, a one price fits all strategy.

Originally posted by Shu-Woon:
People who make their game f2p/p2p are either cashgrabbing or they're not confident their game is actually good.
Pretty much the general impression (apart from games like "the Cat and the Coup" which were made so that people would hear the story). Also, people who demand free stuff are really leeching off the investments we've all made in the gaming business over the years.
Last edited by C0untzer0; May 12, 2014 @ 1:45pm
C0untzer0 May 12, 2014 @ 1:48pm 
Originally posted by PJ:
a factory to produce thread for unique clothing.
Don't all the girls have the same "♥♥♥♥ me then marry me young" Shirts while the guys have letaher coats with "Fields of the Nephilim" stencilled on the back? Or is that just showing my age?
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 10, 2014 @ 6:30am