Tales of Maj'Eyal

Builders of Eyal, Arise!
Browse for, or create new classes, races, quests, zones, user-interface upgrades, tilesets, and more. Click here to learn more.
the_uncooked May 9 @ 1:31pm
Modder request! Recolored ID walls/floors..
A mod that simply (randomly, too) recolors the wall tiles and floor tiles of the Infinite Dungeon.. I've made the suggestion to DarkGod and it is on his list somewhere (I hope, its been awhile), but the repetetive gray/white ID is killing me :P

If I had any skill at all I'd attempt this myself, as I think (THINK!) it'd be easy.. I imagine somewhere is a cube of code that says what tilesets can be used for ID gen.. Basically, I THINK ( :) ) all that'd need done is a simple set of hue-shift recolors of the original walls and floors already used.. I'd love it more if the ID could utilize all the available tilesets in-game already for ID gen, but at this point randomly chosen colored brick would be cool (and it'd be better if the walls and floors were each chosen randomly, so you could have red walls and dark blue floor, or white walls and red floors, or dark green walls and orange floors.. Would remind me of old Atari games, haha!)

If anyone could accomplish this I'd be forever grateful! Or if there is already a mod that does something similar (I figure it'd have been merged with Infinite 500 if there was one..), please let me know ;) I live in the ID..
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
sansnipple Jun 1 @ 6:43am 
I'd love this too, ID is so boring. If farportals can have random tilesets, why can't ID floors too, please?
Aura Of The Dawn 5 Aug 8 @ 6:55pm 
It's a bit late, but there is now an addon that does something mildly similar to this, making the ID change tilesets on a floor by floor basis. It can be found here - http://te4.org/games/addons/tome/id_variety

And here - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=296783346
Last edited by Aura Of The Dawn; Aug 8 @ 6:57pm
the_uncooked Aug 9 @ 2:15am 
Its never too late! :D Thanks again, Aura :> I had a short(ish) burst of hanging out daily in IRC, but now only come around when the ToME bug hits (every big update, pretty much, haha).. I'm thanatopsis6, if you remember.. Anyway, my proudest ToME achievement to date is pulling DG aside in IRC and whining about enabling missing ID enemies a patch or two back and actually seeing it happen :) Good ol' StarKeep does keep putting out quality mods, going to subscribe now :>
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50