Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
The Frosty_Engine May 9, 2014 @ 3:49am
When does a Greenlit game get onto Steam Store?
Yes, probably dumb, but I've never really bothered to ask. Does Valve choose what will go and what will stay although the game is Greenlit? Obviously. Right?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Skoardy May 9, 2014 @ 4:03am 
Originally posted by ᵖʰᵃᶰᵗᵒᵐʰᵃᶫᵒ:
Obviously. Right?
Er, no, wrong, I'm afraid. Although I'm sure they could have some say in it if they wanted, it's pretty much up to the developer to sort everything out once greenlit. Getting the game finished and fully prepared for Steam itself, making sure that all their legal ducks are in order, etc. Apparently it's not just a case of chucking your game on Steam once you're given the okay. Some games sit in that limbo indefinitely while 'stuff' happens in the background.
Skoardy May 9, 2014 @ 4:05am 
And when I say 'finished', that's dependant on the route the developer has decided to take (and more recently, their honesty, it seems).
FrenzyPunx Jun 23, 2014 @ 10:00am 
but dont games in beta test go to steam as well?
Skoardy Jun 23, 2014 @ 12:11pm 
Originally posted by FrenzyPunx:
but dont games in beta test go to steam as well?
Yeah, that's sorta what I meant in my post above yours. Some choose to go Early Access.
MR.Left 4 Dead 2 Jun 24, 2014 @ 5:38am 
Yeah, that's sorta what I meant in my post above yours. Some choose to go Early Access.
M4RTN Jun 27, 2014 @ 3:55am 
Once the game is approved by the community, Steam will reach out to the developer about adding the game to Steam store.
general Jun 27, 2014 @ 4:06am 
почему большинство людей тут не русские?
Skoardy Jun 27, 2014 @ 4:54am 
Originally posted by general:
почему большинство людей тут не русские?:RedStar:
Why do you believe they would have been?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: May 9, 2014 @ 3:49am