Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Fedora Neckbeard Apr 30 @ 5:15pm
Mobile games on Greenlight?
Am I the only one here that thinks that there are WAY too many mobile games on greenlight?
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 30 @ 5:30pm 
nope. judging by the comments many share your sentiments.

They are wrong though, because they like you have missed the point of Greenlight.
It only becomes a problem (assuming it is a problem) if the games get into the Steam store.

Just press the no button and move on.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Apr 30 @ 5:30pm
Fedora Neckbeard Apr 30 @ 5:47pm 
Ok.
Perspek CZ Apr 30 @ 6:26pm 
no theres not enuf
isaac AK May 1 @ 5:35am 
aha not enuf
Sick May 1 @ 9:12pm 
no men your not alone, but we have to wait a little, because (sorry mi bad english) I thik its a great idea, and someone else will think the same... and other... and other...
Skoardy May 2 @ 4:43am 
Originally posted by ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Badly Drawn Un:
Am I the only one here that thinks that there are WAY too many mobile games on greenlight?
Probably not but if those types of games get through Greenlight, then obviously people want to play those types of games even if you don't - more than what they want to play the games you think there aren't enough of.

You can pretty much apply that to any kind of people-like-something-I-don't-like line of thinking, really.
SirLipeYT May 6 @ 10:40am 
No
Gorlom[Swe] May 7 @ 6:27am 
Originally posted by X3cutiv3:
no
Oh, look a shiny new badge.
a3 May 13 @ 6:33pm 
I can understand why developers, who have spent a lot of time developing a mobile game, want their creation on Steam. But it really doesn't belong here at all.
Skoardy May 13 @ 9:05pm 
Originally posted by Armatus:
But it really doesn't belong here at all.
Why?
Strategy Player Jun 1 @ 1:42am 
I think there are too many mobile games. The entire reason greenlight was set up was to find more PC and MAC games for players to buy. They really don't belong on Steam at all.
Technically a mobile game can "RUN" on a PC or MAC but the controls and content and frame rate etc etc etc etc were designed to "RUN" on a mobile device or phone.

While we are here on the subject I also object to the facebook and browser games cluttering up Greenlight as well.

It doesnt matter though, players have NO control over what comes on here or not. Just the power to sort through thousands and thousands and thousands of them and say NO.
Skoardy Jun 1 @ 3:14am 
Originally posted by Strategy Player:
I think there are too many mobile games. The entire reason greenlight was set up was to find more PC and MAC games for players to buy. They really don't belong on Steam at all.
Technically a mobile game can "RUN" on a PC or MAC but the controls and content and frame rate etc etc etc etc were designed to "RUN" on a mobile device or phone.
I'm afraid you're actually talking garbage here. They're just games. 'Designed for the frame rate of a mobile device'? What does that even mean? Technically, a mobile game can't 'run' on a Mac or PC, a build has to be specifically created. Good devs will take their concept and rework the layout and control (obviously) for a desktop system. They may even add additional content. Whether it should be on Steam depends on the game, not the source.

Just because Hearthstone is available on iPad, does that make the desktop version a lesser game?
Last edited by Skoardy; Jun 1 @ 3:14am
C0untzer0 Jun 1 @ 3:55am 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
Just because Hearthstone is available on iPad, does that make the desktop version a lesser game?
Infinitely inferior to: http://store.steampowered.com/app/98900 for example...
Last edited by C0untzer0; Jun 1 @ 3:58am
Gorlom[Swe] Jun 1 @ 3:57am 
Originally posted by Strategy Player:
It doesnt matter though, players have NO control over what comes on here or not. Just the power to sort through thousands and thousands and thousands of them and say NO.
saying no doesnt chan ge anything from saying nothing. its saying "yes" that makes a slight difference. (as that is the only answer Valve acctually cares about tracking)
amerk Jun 1 @ 10:32am 
As Gorlom said, saying "yes" moves you up a slight bit in relation to the other "yes" votes. The more "yes" votes there are, the slower you're going to move up, the less "yes" votes there are, the more you're going to move up.

Saying "no" only removes it from your list of unvoted games. It does not lower the current "yes" votes you have.

I don't believe Valve considers the total of yes votes you have so much as the percentage of yes votes you have compared to the other games, or rather the distance between your votes compared to the other votes. So for example, if all but 1 of the games here had 10,000 yes votes, and 1 game had 20,000 yes votes, the 1 with the 20,000 would be considered in the top. Likewise, if all but 1 had 100 votes and 1 game had 200, that 1 game with 200 would still be considered in the top.

Just think of the votes like a very special ladder. You always start at the bottom and you continue to climb. You can only move upwards, never down. The speed in which you climb is in relation to the other climbers. If you're very fast, you're going to put quite a bit of distance between you and the others. If you're slow, that distance is going to shrink, until eventually the other climbers will surpass you. When a climber is taken out of the race (by being removed from GL or approved) your speed and distance in relation to the other climbers is recalculated, giving you a slight push up since you're not fighting against the one on top anymore. If you're faster than the remaining climbers, you are going to have a better chance at getting approved the next time around. If you're slower, then you risk falling behind again. And the cycle continues to repeat the more climbers are added and removed from the mix.
Last edited by amerk; Jun 1 @ 10:34am
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 30 @ 5:15pm