The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
rms827 1 Apr 29 @ 2:04pm
What happened to Dawnguard Sentries?
I subscribed to that mod a few days ago and it quickly disappeared off the Workshop. THe idea was to add a few Dawnguard soldiers to each town to protect against the repeated vampire attacks.

Anyway, just curious if it caused some sort of trouble in the game or whatever. I could see the sentries potentially being an issue during the civil war seiges at least. If anybody knows what happened to it, I'm curious. :)
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Fayde1 Apr 29 @ 2:39pm 
I have mercs in each town - they're still there. Didn't try Dawnguard ones
Kamikaze Apr 30 @ 11:13am 
I wanna know too
smr54 May 3 @ 5:50pm 
Yes, I had the same problem, one minute they were there and POOF the next, the enitre mod was taken off of STEAM. I really liked the mod, did NOT have any problems with it. Whatever the problem, PLEASE Steam, put it back up!!!!!
rms827 1 May 3 @ 6:44pm 
I actually saved a copy of the .esp file for the mod. Things come and go too quickly from the various sites so I archive copies of mods I use in case I have to do a reinstall.

As far as reposting it here... It's not my mod, so there's an ownership / right to repost issue. I also don't want to repost it if it was taken down because it has some virus my AV is missing OR ****IF**** the person who posted it here copied it from somebody else and that's why it was taken down. That's kind of why I was hoping to get some sort of feedback from the Steam moderators about what happened.

Still have to test it out and make sure that the .esp file (and Dawnguard obviously) was all it needed to work.

EDIT: If somebody can tell me how to email a Steam moderator to get permission, I'l go ahead and repost the mod. I'll just give credit to Crimson Blade (the original author).
Last edited by rms827; May 3 @ 6:52pm
rms827 1 May 19 @ 10:50pm 
OK, I've tested my saved .esp of the file thoroughly in game play. Stable there, and TES5Edit says it's clean too. Good thing since I wouldn't know how to fix it if there were major errors, lol.

Took me a while, but I figured out how to get the CK to upload it. Dawnguard Sentries is back in business, pending any objections from it's real author.
Last edited by rms827; May 20 @ 2:40am
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 29 @ 2:04pm