The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
Mr JIGGY 12 Apr 29, 2014 @ 4:42am
What tools do i need ot retexure.
What tools do i need. and how to make standalone retextured armor?
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Adura 1 Apr 29, 2014 @ 5:02am 
Suggested: Gimp (free) or Photoshop (be prepared to pay with an arm, leg, your first born, the blood of a virgin, and a few mortgages XD.)

All you need is an image editing program that can save your textures as DDS files, since that's what Skyrim uses :P

Then you can either:

A) Make a mod esp file that tells items to use your DDS files instead.
B) Save your archive such that your texture files replace the vanilla texture files. So that the game will use them when searching for the armor's texture.

Both ways work fine. A requires an esp while B doesn't.

G'luck ^_^
BloodkinFox19 16 Apr 29, 2014 @ 6:57am 
I use gimp and nifskope.

Gimp is for putting the texture on the armor, and Nifskope is for getting the armor actually in the game. I have videos on my steam profile for this very thing
Fayde Apr 29, 2014 @ 10:29am 
Will check these out - awesome
Cyrax 4 Apr 29, 2014 @ 12:37pm 
You do not need NIFskope or any NIF manipulation at all if you learn to use TextureSets in CK.
You will still need an editing program and something to extract the textures out of the bsa archives with.
Fayde Apr 29, 2014 @ 12:38pm 
Cool. @Cyrax what would you recommend?
Cyrax 4 Apr 29, 2014 @ 1:06pm 
Im "old fashioned", I still use the BSA extractor that is built into fallout mod manager.
Fayde Apr 29, 2014 @ 2:41pm 
Ok. Old fashioned is fine when the old fashions work :) How would one get one's mitts on that?
Mr JIGGY 12 Apr 29, 2014 @ 4:26pm 
Well i see this mod called black mage armor. and i want to make afew more versoins on the BLACK MAGE Series. liek ebony retesxtered fullyback with no whitelines ect
Cyrax 4 Apr 30, 2014 @ 1:13am 
Originally posted by Fayde1:
Ok. Old fashioned is fine when the old fashions work :) How would one get one's mitts on that?

Google with help you :) I am sure you will be able to find better programs with it as well, as the fallout mod manager would require some calibrating to work with skyrim.
Fayde Apr 30, 2014 @ 7:41am 
okidoke, thanks once again Cyrax. Love how these forums (generally) are - SkyrimPlayers are awesome
Cyrax 4 Apr 30, 2014 @ 1:48pm 
Best of luck to you!
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Apr 29, 2014 @ 4:42am