Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
IronTiger Apr 11, 2014 @ 8:27pm
What languages does the steam greenlight support
I Do some game design but i only design over python and i was wondering if i tried to get a greenlight is it ok if the game is made from python/pygame.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
W0roxtag (Banned) Apr 11, 2014 @ 11:01pm 
english
AusSkiller Apr 11, 2014 @ 11:48pm 
Depends on exactly what you are asking, Greenlight has no requirements at all on that front since you do not actually release your game on Greenlight, as for Steam I think it will work with anything that can be run with a .exe or platform equivalent native executable regardless of what language it was written in, however the Steamworks API (which is optional) only supports C++, but if you want to use the Steamworks API from another language you can usually create a C++ wrapper DLL to expose the API functions you need to your language of choice.

So if you compile your python code to a .exe (see http://effbot.org/zone/python-compile.htm) you should be able to distribute the game via Steam. I'd advise using C++ or at least C# for a game though, interpreted languages like python can be quite a lot slower, even when compiled, so they aren't as suitable for games.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Apr 11, 2014 @ 8:27pm