Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
JellyMoose Apr 7 @ 10:03pm
Greenlit right now!
As of when I post this, there are currently 666 games greenlit.
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 7 @ 10:56pm 
nope. 940 games are greenlit right now. you forgot to count the released games.
P3Rk0üR is ÂnyThìñg Apr 8 @ 3:15am 
xd
JellyMoose Apr 8 @ 7:23pm 
@Gorlom

Greenlit means its a go ahead to release it. Released are past greenlight. Its like a traffic light: once it turns green, you go past it (thats where the term came from actually.)
Sera Apr 8 @ 8:40pm 
You're kinda right, though. lol... 666 greenlit games right now. Greenlight is currently in hell.
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 8 @ 11:44pm 
Originally posted by DR. H3@D$H0T (Simulating goats):
@Gorlom

Greenlit means its a go ahead to release it. Released are past greenlight. Its like a traffic light: once it turns green, you go past it (thats where the term came from actually.) :pandastunned:
Greenlit is past tense. Those released games have previously gotten the green light, ergo they are greenlit.

Also do you have any source for that etomology for the phrase "Greenlight"? It sounds plausible, but Green and Red are cultural symbols for accepting and denying in far more places than traffic lights, and your point of going past the traffic light is just irrelevant.
Sera Apr 9 @ 8:55am 
The thing was more about the number besides the word "Greenlit" than the real amount of greenlit and released games, which the OP probably doesn't give a crap about. He just wanted to look cool by making a whole thread about it.

Kind of ironic how he has the spammer badge considering his inappropriate comment so I went ahead and reported him for rudeness.
Skoardy Apr 9 @ 9:03am 
Gorlom is right. Greenlit refers to all games that have passed through Greenlight, not just the ones awaiting release.
Sera Apr 9 @ 9:16am 
The thing is... If you click the Greenlight link, you do NOT get the released games as those are in the Released link. The thread only refers to the current numbers of games being greenlit and unreleased.

As edit note, yes the green font line counts both Greenlit and Released as "Greenlit". I'm only speaking of the Thumb Up icon Greenlit link.
Last edited by Sera; Apr 9 @ 9:20am
Skoardy Apr 9 @ 11:04am 
Given how both links are listed under the heading "GREENLIT ITEMS:", I'm happy sticking with saying it refers to all games that have passed through Greenlight, not just the ones awaiting release.
Sera Apr 9 @ 11:17am 
Yeah, I wasn't arguing that. lol... I saw both under the green "Greenlit Items" as I said, I was just saying the current greenlit games show 666 as the thread mentions. Otherwise yes, I know Gorlom is right. =P
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 9 @ 11:50am 
Sera we are trying to not acknowledge or positivly reinforce stupid beehaviour such as starting a thread based on random numbers connected to memes that the poster has seen somewhere..

Bad Dr Hotshot! bad boy. go stand in the corner until you stop that!
Sera Apr 9 @ 11:53am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
Sera we are trying to not acknowledge or positivly reinforce stupid beehaviour such as starting a thread based on random numbers connected to memes that the poster has seen somewhere..
Well, 666 is the number of the devil... Hence my reference to hell followed by the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ post of the OP. It's not a meme, more like common knowledge. (I think)... At any rate, sowwy. I'll leave this thread alone.
C0untzer0 Apr 9 @ 11:58am 
Originally posted by Sera:
Well, 666 is the number of the devil... Hence my reference to hell followed by the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ post of the OP. It's not a meme, more like common knowledge. (I think)...
It's a commonly misheld belief.
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 9 @ 1:21pm 
Originally posted by Sera:
Well, 666 is the number of the devil... Hence my reference to hell followed by the ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ post of the OP. It's not a meme, more like common knowledge. (I think)... At any rate, sowwy. I'll leave this thread alone.
I know what the number is. It's just a very old meme. It's an arbitrary fixation on an assosiation to a number. IT is superstition similar to the idea that the number 13 is unlucky. or that the number 4 represents death (in Japanese culture I belive)

Seriously we all know what the point was we are just trying to not acknowledge it.
Drop it already Sera.
JellyMoose Apr 9 @ 2:26pm 
Originally posted by DR. H3@D$H0T (Simulating goats):
@Gorlom

Greenlit means its a go ahead to release it. Released are past greenlight. Its like a traffic light: once it turns green, you go past it (thats where the term came from actually.)
Greenlit is past tense. Those released games have previously gotten the green light, ergo they are greenlit.

Also do you have any source for that etomology for the phrase "Greenlight"? It sounds plausible, but Green and Red are cultural symbols for accepting and denying in far more places than traffic lights, and your point of going past the traffic light is just irrelevant.

Dude, wikipedia NEVER lies.
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 7 @ 10:03pm