Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Rabbi Himself Apr 7, 2014 @ 7:23pm
Game Release Notices
Not sure if this subject already has a discussion, but it would be awesome if Valve could work out a way to let you know when a Greenlight game you've been following has been (1) greenlit (without having to check the "giant batch we've approved" list) and (2) hit the Steam Store. I favorite Greenlight games that look interesting to me, but over the months, I forget about them since Greenlight and getting a game released is such a long process. It's not until the game hits the front page of the store that I go "Oh yeah, I was interested in that..." So, if Steam could tell you when a game you've favorited in Greenlight has been released, that'd be amazing.

(If there's already a way that this works, I haven't found it. Someone please let me know?)
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Sera Apr 7, 2014 @ 7:38pm 
Nah, there isn't. If you're part of the Greenlight group, you'll get the batches of greenlit projects when they come but that's all you can have right now. I don't think Valve will change that, either. Especially with the rumors floating around that Greenlight will disappear soon or later.

The only way I see for it to happen is that when you fave or not sure what, you name is added to a list and once the thing gets greenlit/released then it sends a notification to everyone on that list.
Kuss A Neved Apr 9, 2014 @ 6:37am 
good
Rabbi Himself Apr 9, 2014 @ 12:43pm 
I hope they don't do away with Greenlight. It's got problems, sure, but for the most part, the submissions are fascinating and some of my new favorite games got on Steam through the process. I think they need a way to sift out the serious projects from the MS Paint/flash-animated atrocities though, no question.
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 9, 2014 @ 1:26pm 
Originally posted by Rabbi Himself:
I think they need a way to sift out the serious projects from the MS Paint/flash-animated atrocities though, no question.
Are those games making it through to Steam? I tthoguht they already got sifted out in the Greenlight process.
A BadLuck Gnome Apr 9, 2014 @ 1:36pm 
+1
Rabbi Himself Apr 9, 2014 @ 6:50pm 
I don't mean they're making it to the Store page Gorlom, but sifting them out of Greenlight to begin with. That's one of the major complaints against Greenlight: lots of poorly made, subpar games crowding the room and distracting from the truly amazing titles that deserve the attention. A more rigorous method for submitting games to Greenlight in the first place would be beneficial to both the players like us and the serious developers, I think. I just don't know how Valve can make that happen. :0/
Skoardy Apr 9, 2014 @ 7:59pm 
I don't mean they're making it to the Store page Gorlom, but sifting them out of Greenlight to begin with. That's one of the major complaints against Greenlight: lots of poorly made, subpar games crowding the room and distracting from the truly amazing titles that deserve the attention. A more rigorous method for submitting games to Greenlight in the first place would be beneficial to both the players like us and the serious developers, I think. I just don't know how Valve can make that happen. :0/
You realise that filtering is the whole point of Greenlight, right? We are the ones that are doing the sifting, choosing the games we like and hopefully downvoting all the ones you mention that you think shouldn't be on Greenlight.

If Valve were going to put themselves back in the position of quality control again, what'd be the point of Greenlight?
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 10, 2014 @ 12:49am 
I don't mean they're making it to the Store page Gorlom, but sifting them out of Greenlight to begin with.
Then you have completley missed the point of Greenlight. I mean that is literally the point of Greenlight. That us gamers are the ones to sift the good from the bad, no matter how bad.

To give everyone a chance incase the inhouse greenlight might deny something that could very well be an outstanding gem, just becausse whoever looked at it didn't find that particular type of game appealing.
That's one of the major complaints against Greenlight: lots of poorly made, subpar games crowding the room and distracting from the truly amazing titles that deserve the attention.
That's because people have the wrong idea and treat Greenlight not as a place to find gems among the trash but expect it to be a ready store. Public Greenlight is the oppourtunity for EVERY dev to have a chance to present their game.
A more rigorous method for submitting games to Greenlight in the first place would be beneficial to both the players like us and the serious developers, I think. I just don't know how Valve can make that happen. :0/
No. That would defeat the whole point of public greenlight.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Apr 10, 2014 @ 12:52am
Headhoncho Burnside Apr 15, 2014 @ 4:45pm 
There should be an option when you're in the Greenlight Hub to view "Released" games by "Most Recent". Is there a way to view them like this that I'm missing? Or anyone keeping a chronological list?
Jimmie Åkesson Apr 17, 2014 @ 5:56am 
indeed, that would be nice
PirateKing # Johnny™ Apr 21, 2014 @ 12:23pm 
when will be released for free saints row the third?
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 21, 2014 @ 12:40pm 
Originally posted by Johnny™:
Never. Why would it ever be released for free?

Also this has nothing to do with Greenlight. Please go bother the nice people in the Saints row the third community hub instead, they have better info.
Skoardy Apr 21, 2014 @ 12:42pm 
Originally posted by Johnny™:
What in this thread, or even this forum made you think that it was the place to ask whether a still selling non-Greenlight game would suddenly and spontaneously become free?

Or are you just posting this random garbage to earn your spam-a-forum badge?
Samsa.Man Apr 22, 2014 @ 4:47am 
thanks
jjangbono100 Apr 23, 2014 @ 10:18pm 
good good
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2014 @ 7:23pm