Portal 2
Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Belphi Apr 1, 2014 @ 10:07am
Portalgun for Portal 2
Back in the days, before i bought Portal 2 i made a few skins for the portalgun, they were quite good, but they worked only for pirate version, sorry for that.....:D Now i have it original, but i can't change my portalgun with the skins i made, is there a way i can upload them to the workshop? I installed authoring tools, but they don't support weapon replacement, or any other replacement, except maps.... i will be grateful if someone would help me with this one...
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
iAndy 8 Apr 1, 2014 @ 10:55am 
I believe you can basically include anything in your bsp file, and it will overwrite the default map/skin in the files. I haven't tried things like portal gun skin, though. You can include things in your bsp with pakrat.
Belphi Apr 1, 2014 @ 10:58am 
i didn't make any maps, and i can't make a map, but i can make some good skins, i made already 4-5... im not sure i understand you, mate :)
Belphi Apr 1, 2014 @ 2:18pm 
Originally posted by TeamSpen210:
See this: http://forums.thinkingwithportals.com/post88302.html
man this is so hard for me, i think Valve should make possible uploading custom skins for Portal 2 in the workshop, like Left4dead2, it will be awesome.
SuperFluffyShmoopy 100 Apr 1, 2014 @ 7:07pm 
I have uploaded some custom skins in a guide but portal 2 custom skins take alot more coding than p1
Belphi Apr 2, 2014 @ 12:44am 
Originally posted by ƦɅƉ∑LIƬE:
I have uploaded some custom skins in a guide but portal 2 custom skins take alot more coding than p1

I already made some portal2 skins, check here: http://gamebanana.com/members/submissions/skins/1231542 but there is no way to put them in the game, i can pack them as a VPK, but there is no ''addons'' folder...
SuperFluffyShmoopy 100 Apr 2, 2014 @ 10:48am 
ah
Belphi Apr 2, 2014 @ 11:33am 
Originally posted by ƦɅƉ∑LIƬE:
ah

What? :)
TeamSpen210 13 Apr 2, 2014 @ 12:43pm 
Make a portal2_dlc3/ folder, and put your vpk in there as "pak01_dir.vpk". This will make Portal 2 think there's another "dlc" installed, and override the normal skins with your own.
Last edited by TeamSpen210; Apr 2, 2014 @ 12:43pm
SuperFluffyShmoopy 100 Apr 2, 2014 @ 1:51pm 
In your pak01_dir folder that you make for your vpk make sub folders that say in this order

materials

models

weapons

v_models

v_portalgun

Then in the v_portalgun folder put your custom portal gun vtf inside and name the vtf v_portalgun and also make a vmt with the same name that has this code

VertexLitGeneric
{
$baseTexture "models\weapons\v_models\v_portalgun/v_portalgun"

$bumpmap "models\weapons\v_models\v_portalgun\v_portalgun_normal"
$phong 1
$phongexponenttexture "models\weapons\v_models\v_portalgun\v_portalgun_exponent"

$phongboost 1

$phongfresnelranges "[5 1 2]"

}

note this does not create a weapon model just a skin
Last edited by SuperFluffyShmoopy; Apr 2, 2014 @ 1:51pm
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 1, 2014 @ 10:07am