Steam Greenlight
PC Gmaes For All
I like games. Not just any game. I like all games. if it can hook me in, i'll play it anywhere and everywhere, but the problem is that most games on steam are designed for Microsoft, and right now I only have my Mac with me. I wanted someone more skilled then me at making software. To create a software that allows steam to be played any which way you can. I'm not talking about just PCs and MACs, I'm talking about every device you can lay your hands on.
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-5 จาก 5 ความเห็น
So you want a programm that emulates windows on any other operating system so any game can be played on anything.

I think that is going to be difficult if not impossible. (Might be some legal barriers as well.)
PCs have the most powerful hardware by a very large margin, nothing else is going to be capable of playing PC games. Macs these days are just PCs with OSX installed, so you can just install Windows on them to play the games, and last time I checked the Mac OpenGL drivers were pretty terrible so it's probably a better option than playing them natively in OSX anyway. If you want to play PC games you will need a PC, but many devices now have options to remotely play a game on a PC, the game still runs on the PC but it streams the video and audio from it to whatever device you are using and that device can send back input which will then be sent to the game essentially giving you a similar experience to being able to play it on the device.
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย AusSkiller; 31 มี.ค. 2014 @ 12: 54pm
Well what about a game converter that can change it to be used in different systems.

โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย jvelez250:
Well what about a game converter that can change it to be used in different systems.
You mean remove all the graphics and slow the framerate down so it can run on inferior machines? That would be a technical and legal nightmare, and would probably double or triple the price of games, freeze small publishers out of the market, and generally have bad results.
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย jvelez250:
Each game is different and would require a different converter, and it would be illegal to make the converters since it would require reverse engineering the games and gaining access to data that only the developers would have. The process would also likely take months to complete due to the complexity involved in games and the program to do it would require decades of development time in order to be able to interpret the machine code and understand what it is doing and how to achieve the same results on another platform. Practically it is as good as impossible and will never happen.

You can't take a game designed for one platform and just make it work on another, only the developers of the game could ever be reasonably able to do that and most of the time if you start with a PC game there's no other platforms powerful enough to run the game anyway which would mean the developer would need to make drastic changes that could easily ruin the game just to get it to run on the other platforms at all. Not to mention the input problems, on a standard keyboard there are over 100 keys and with modifiers that can mean thousands of input combinations, quite a few simulator games will use a lot of them and trying to emulate that on a tablet without a keyboard is impossible without covering up over half the scree which would make playing the game VERY difficult especially since a PC keyboard is tactile so you can use it without looking at it so your attention isn't taken away from the actual game while you are playing it. Then there's the mouse, a mouse is very good at performing very fast and accurate movements without blocking visibility of the screen, and again that's impossible to emulate on something like a tablet, you either get fast and accurate with your hand blocking your view or you get to see most of the screen but at a huge cost to accuracy.

The absolute best you can ever hope for is something like wine for Linux which emulates Windows within the Linux environment, but it is usually run on a PC anyway so the hardware is the same and the games still run slower than natively in Windows, not to mention that many games still don't work under it either so it's not really a reliable solution.

In summary if you want to play PC games get a PC with Windows, or just install Windows on a Mac or Linux computer you already have. There is never going to be a real way to play current PC games any other way.
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-5 จาก 5 ความเห็น
ต่อหน้า: 1530 50