Steam Greenlight
Kaligath 2014년 3월 29일 오전 1시 30분
I have stop buying stuff from greenlight, kickstarter, Early access
Well you see lately I see a great game that I feel could give me something new so i buy it but then after a long wile i am talking like 3 mouths down the line I feel scammed because they don't comment with insight and don't improve the game with updates it feels they took as much money as they could get and ran away.

Has anyone else had this feeling?

For example imperial galactica 3 £75.99 to join a alpha build of the game should steam be monitoring these game more closely because this feels like a scam.
< >
29개 댓글 중 1-15개 표시
Gorlom[Swe] 2014년 3월 29일 오전 1시 37분 
No they shouldn't. You should be more aware of what you are buying into (escpecially if it is on Greenlight as it has nothing to do with Steam or Valve yet.)

You just have to be a smarter consumer, and stop expecting everyone to serve you stuff on plates.
Skoardy 2014년 3월 29일 오전 6시 47분 
Robby님이 먼저 게시:
should steam be monitoring these game more closely because this feels like a scam.
No, you should instead accept responsibility for your own actions. Stop buying things that you don't feel are a finished product. Problem solved.
Kaligath 2014년 3월 30일 오전 7시 29분 
Finished product is not the problem I enjoy testing games and doing my part to report bugs and issues but when I beta test I expect the dev team to keep updates via text or just general updates to the current build to be relayed to the community not just "here's a game we are making help us test it and pay such and such to help us" after some time when they hit there money goal they just stop... To me that is the very definition of scamming. I admit there are Indy teams who stick to there word after all minecraft for example I know he doesn't update as much as he does now but even at this point the game feels complete to me for what the expectations of a sandbox builder game with a modding community to back it up.
Kaligath 2014년 3월 30일 오전 7시 33분 
Also to add telling me I should accept responsibility is a rubbish excuse because you lack a proper response to what this discussion is about that's like saying buy fallout 3 a full game but you must take responsibility of all the bugs that you encounter because that is your fault for buying a buggy game that you clearly did not know this game had bugs in it. To me some bugs are acceptable but fallout 3 was a big joke when it came to bugs...
Skoardy 2014년 3월 30일 오전 7시 59분 
Robby님이 먼저 게시:
Also to add telling me I should accept responsibility is a rubbish excuse because you lack a proper response to what this discussion is about that's like saying buy fallout 3 a full game but you must take responsibility of all the bugs that you encounter because that is your fault for buying a buggy game that you clearly did not know this game had bugs in it. To me some bugs are acceptable but fallout 3 was a big joke when it came to bugs...
No, it's a perfectly valid response since what we're talking about are products where Valve and the developers specifically point out that these are unfinished games where problems are to be expected. You're warned about it. So no-one is pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to spend £76 or whatever on a game that warns you it's in an unfinished state. It's your choice and so, your responsibility. Accept it.
Skoardy 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 3월 30일 오전 8시 06분
Gorlom[Swe] 2014년 3월 30일 오전 8시 37분 
Robby님이 먼저 게시:
Finished product is not the problem I enjoy testing games and doing my part to report bugs and issues but when I beta test I expect the dev team to keep updates via text or just general updates to the current build to be relayed to the community not just "here's a game we are making help us test it and pay such and such to help us" after some time when they hit there money goal they just stop... To me that is the very definition of scamming. I admit there are Indy teams who stick to there word after all minecraft for example I know he doesn't update as much as he does now but even at this point the game feels complete to me for what the expectations of a sandbox builder game with a modding community to back it up.
That is probably the dumbest theory I've ever heard. If they are successfully geting money out of consumers why would they just stop because they reached some arbitrary "money goal"? Even if they are scamming you they would still carry on updating and probably be more active in the community than if they were honest jsut to milk as much money out of it as possible.

What we have here is most likely a dev that has run into some problem (personal or professional), getting burnt out or tired of the ♥♥♥♥♥♥ attitude of the community, someone that just isn't that good with communicating with the consumers or (imo the biggest chance) a misunderstanding or failure to assimilate information on your part. Maybe you have missed a dev hosted forum outside of steam? or some other channel of communication?
Even if you haven't, 3 months isn't that long in game dev time. That you start whining about getting scammed already is reason enough to belittle and ignore you. Grow up. Seriously do what you say you should do in the title.

Next time do some research on how often the dev updates so you don't get to feel scammed again. Do more research than just what the game is about. Read what complaints other consumers has about the game and not just the hype.
Gorlom[Swe] 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 3월 30일 오전 8시 39분
Smile ヅ 2014년 3월 30일 오전 8시 53분 
lol
Skoardy 2014년 3월 30일 오전 8시 57분 
The guy thinks Minecraft doesn't 'update as much'. Given they typically try to put an update out weekly, every Thursday, I'm not sure he's as informed as he likes to think.
Gorlom[Swe] 2014년 3월 30일 오전 9시 59분 
I particularly like the phrasing "for example I know he doesn't update as much as he does now"

I have no idea whaty that means. Does he update more or less than he used to?
Seraphita 2014년 3월 30일 오후 1시 40분 
Sounds like two present tenses to me... "I am not as great as I am now." Does that even make sense to anyone...? lol...
Merim 2014년 3월 30일 오후 7시 22분 
It is wise to buy something with good ratings, recommendations, and comments. Dont just buy it because it "looks good". Even games that looks really good may have a bad gameplay.
Kaligath 2014년 4월 7일 오전 11시 55분 
Doesn't update as much as I put it means when the game was during its first build to the builds leading up to beta slowed down but to a reasonable time frame that is acceptable;e... Not sure how you could not understand that skoardy and gorlom.

merim93 that is true to a limit after all it does not take a genius to work out how to make multiple accounts to publish a game with high phrase now I am not saying all company's do this but I have seen a fair share admittedly pixel piracy was a great game and game dev tycoon loved them to bits and hope they are successful in the future they are some examples of what you have said.

Now to people apparently showing how ignorant they are lets look at this hole response you kindly put out saying its not like there putting a gun to my head... Lets all think like this what happens when more and more company's do this high fee to test our game then when we hit our goal lets duck out of it. More and more people will become more resentful to this then company's who charge low amounts of money will suffer in the end because more people will claim they too are scamming. Its hurting the Indy market people who want to make a name for themselves it will become too costly then less and less games like mentioned above will start to vanish. What I wish the hosting company's do is monitor it a bit more.
Skoardy 2014년 4월 7일 오후 12시 38분 
Robby님이 먼저 게시:
Doesn't update as much as I put it means when the game was during its first build to the builds leading up to beta slowed down but to a reasonable time frame that is acceptable;e... Not sure how you could not understand that skoardy and gorlom.
I think it has something to do with the nonsensical way you structure your sentences. Take that first one you just wrote. It's gibberish.

And like I said, Mojang try to put an update out every week. Faster than Notch ever bothered to push changes.

Robby님이 먼저 게시:
Now to people apparently showing how ignorant they are lets look at this hole response you kindly put out saying its not like there putting a gun to my head... Lets all think like this what happens when more and more company's do this high fee to test our game then when we hit our goal lets duck out of it. More and more people will become more resentful to this then company's who charge low amounts of money will suffer in the end because more people will claim they too are scamming. Its hurting the Indy market people who want to make a name for themselves it will become too costly then less and less games like mentioned above will start to vanish. What I wish the hosting company's do is monitor it a bit more.
And if people took responsibility for their own purchases, chose not to blindly throw money at anything they weren't sure of and barring a vast conspiracy theory involving a company somehow flooding every single media outlet with nothing but positive reviews at the exclusion of all other opinions, they could instead do a little research before purchasing, then none of your sky-is-falling situation would come to pass.

I'm sorry that you want everyone else to child-proof your purchasing experience but that's just not going to happen.
Gorlom[Swe] 2014년 4월 7일 오후 1시 33분 
Robby님이 먼저 게시:
I still can't tell if you mean more or less updates. The original sentance was in refering to that he is presently doing something less than he presently is. That is a contradiction I think? or at least something impossible. Your update or elaboration isn't much better. it just doesnt make any sense as far as I can tell.
Is he updating more or less than he used to do?
Robby님이 먼저 게시:
then less and less games like mentioned above will start to vanish.
That's a good thing isn't it? That less games vanishes with your money I mean. Or in what capacity do you mean they vanish? I'm sorry, but can you write in your native language so we can use google translate to see what you mean? I'm fairly sure that would be an improvement.
What I wish the hosting company's do is monitor it a bit more.
1. There is no real way "the hosting company" can do anything unless they invest money in the game developer studio, so they can boss them around. It's too costly and doesn't make any buisness sense.
2: You assume the issues you are having are intentional and malicious. I'm not really sure there are any issues to begin with. You just seem like a hyperboling, impatient paranoid malcontent.
3. Valve would probably have to close down public greenlight and end up only accepting games from bigleague publishers. They aren't going to do that.
Gorlom[Swe] 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 4월 7일 오후 1시 42분
Harry the mad 2014년 6월 7일 오전 5시 42분 
dont feel bad this is there way of dealing with anyone who speeks out agesnt there precious green light ive told them to eather regulate it themselfs or someone will force them too but my post about all that got turned off cause they didnt understand my meaning
< >
29개 댓글 중 1-15개 표시
페이지당 표시 개수: 1530 50

게시된 날짜: 2014년 3월 29일 오전 1시 30분
게시글: 29