Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
EUPHORIC Mar 28 @ 6:10pm
Survival sandbox crafting games
just wondering if anyone knew of any games of that genre thanks
Last edited by EUPHORIC; Mar 28 @ 6:10pm
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
C0untzer0 Mar 28 @ 7:35pm 
Yes, thanks.
Tylersel |ㅤ| Mar 29 @ 1:33am 
I am currently developing a game like that. It is a zombie survival game that is sandbox, crafting and survival. It is still in very early development and will eventually be put out onto steam greenlight. We hope it will be a success, based on what we have evaluated the people like games like this. We are hoping that this will set the standards high for games like ours! I will hope to see you again when the game hits greenlight!
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 29 @ 1:45am 
Originally posted by Tylersel ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°):
I am currently developing a game like that. It is a zombie survival game that is sandbox, crafting and survival. It is still in very early development and will eventually be put out onto steam greenlight. We hope it will be a success, based on what we have evaluated the people like games like this. We are hoping that this will set the standards high for games like ours! I will hope to see you again when the game hits greenlight! :insfist:
Would you mind answering a question? Why zombie survival? it seems rather popular to turn any survival game into zombie survival... why not alien survival? or mutated beast survival or robot overlord taken over the world survival
Do you really think Zombies still has that much pull on Greenlight? Doesn't it seem a bit lazy? I mean the AI for zombies are rarely aweinspiring, even less so for zombie survival games.
Hide|or|Escape Mar 29 @ 2:56am 
Zombie survival games are too common, I saw a lot of bad games. I don't understand why every developer and game company are trying to create a DayZ/zombie game which is a clone/ripoff, nothing special. I instantly down vote every game that is not "unique" and those that look awful. Some people expect their bad quality zombie game to be upvoted. There are too many bad zombie survival games and I can't stand games like that.
Skoardy Mar 29 @ 6:53am 
There does seem to be a glut of people getting hold of game engine SDKs, like Unity, faffing around with a basic tree-strewn valley, uploading a couple of screenshots of their landscapes with the odd token asset and announcing that they're making a zombie survival game. It's the new variation on the RPGMaker game plague.
Tylersel |ㅤ| Mar 29 @ 11:22am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
Originally posted by Tylersel ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°):
I am currently developing a game like that. It is a zombie survival game that is sandbox, crafting and survival. It is still in very early development and will eventually be put out onto steam greenlight. We hope it will be a success, based on what we have evaluated the people like games like this. We are hoping that this will set the standards high for games like ours! I will hope to see you again when the game hits greenlight!
Would you mind answering a question? Why zombie survival? it seems rather popular to turn any survival game into zombie survival... why not alien survival? or mutated beast survival or robot overlord taken over the world survival
Do you really think Zombies still has that much pull on Greenlight? Doesn't it seem a bit lazy? I mean the AI for zombies are rarely aweinspiring, even less so for zombie survival games.

To me I have always been a fan of zombie survival games, but the game is in very early alpha so anything is subject to change at the moment. Right now you could possibly think of zombies as a "placeholder". I'm not sure what we will implement instead of zombies. Like you said "robots, genetically mutated animals" or other ideas like that. But to me basing a plot off of Genetically mutated animals seems quite hard and would not keep the player in the story basically making the storyline non-existant. With that being said it is a sandbox survival crafting game so story isn't exactly my number one priority. One thing that we have really considered is a "Wasteland Scenario" style game. I think changing over to a wasteland style game would feel fresh. The enemies would be mutated animals and Ai Bandits and camps, I have pondered on many ideas and have still not made a steady decision. That is were the community should come in. What would you like to see?
Frost bite Mar 29 @ 1:45pm 
yea those games could work out. Maybe if it was more that 2 players
blu™ *<[:-) Mar 29 @ 5:10pm 
Mhm sounds cool, I hope it will got some unique features:)
jennfreckles99 Apr 16 @ 7:23pm 
i agree zombies are too common but i saw a cat instinct survival game on greenlight that i thought would have a lot of potential if all else fails dont starve is pretty fun. -sorry for spelling errors i am tired and lazy :P
Rec. Michel Ney [508th PIR] Apr 17 @ 1:27am 
make a lazer shark flooded world survival game
people would love it
*make it an mmo
*put n tanks
*and stuff
ANGEL DUST Apr 17 @ 7:01am 
i think it's intrasting
Hazden Apr 17 @ 8:36pm 
We're working on a sandbox survival crafting game and it's in Greenlight right now! Check out Lantern Forge. We're using an isometric perspective with a bright cheery art style. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=224266936
SwagStick Apr 17 @ 9:01pm 
minecraft :P
Skoardy Apr 18 @ 4:04am 
Originally posted by Hazden:
We're working on a sandbox survival crafting game and it's in Greenlight right now!
You can throw a stone in Greenlight and be guaranteed to hit some sandbox survival game (and probably another handful from the ricochets) so I don't think using the thread as an excuse to spam an advert for your game is a particularly good endorsement. You're hardly unbiased and generally, devs advertising here is considered pretty bad form and a really tacky thing to do.
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 28 @ 6:10pm