Steam Greenlight
Problems with Greenlight Voting
I've run into a problem with voting, I want to vote for my favorite game, but the way valve has set it up make that action impossible. I think what valve can do to make voting much much much simpler is to just put a voting button rather than making you generate 10 different ques. (idk if I spelled that right, lol) anyway, that's just my opinion, but I'd really appreaciate it if they make it simpler.
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 17
Correct me if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick but I'm assuming you want them to just make a long list of games with 'yes/no' options beside each? I think Valve would prefer you spend at a little time at least looking at the thing you're voting on.

If even that isn't important enough to you to do, then maybe you shouldn't be voting in the first place?
It's ok, apparently he isn't because he got confused by having a choice.
Messaggio originale di obsidianhunter99:
I've run into a problem with voting, I want to vote for my favorite game, but the way valve has set it up make that action impossible. I think what valve can do to make voting much much much simpler is to just put a voting button rather than making you generate 10 different ques. (idk if I spelled that right, lol) anyway, that's just my opinion, but I'd really appreaciate it if they make it simpler.
I assume that you have tried to look at your favourite game when not logged in and didnt get the buttons? Or what are you talking about? Can't you just search for your favourite game and vote for it?
Maybe his favorite game hasn't been submitted to Greenlight.
I don't get what this "Voting button" is supposed to do. Especially not if his favourite game hasn't been submitted to Greenlight by whoever holds the legal rights to previously mentioned game.
Messaggio originale di GorlomSwe:
I don't get what this "Voting button" is supposed to do. Especially not if his favourite game hasn't been submitted to Greenlight by whoever holds the legal rights to previously mentioned game.
my favourite game is starmade, and yes, it has been submitted to greenlight, the only problem is i can't vote for it because I'm completley turned around on HOW to vote for it. What I mean by voting button is when you click on a greenlit game, there could be a button that you can click that votes for that game in the discription page. The way they have voting set up right now makes it almost impossible to vote for my favourite game because you have to generate these "ques" or whatever to vote for a game, and they only pick games for your "que" that have been most voted for. It makes it a LOT harder for me to vote for starmade because it hasn't been voted for a lot. I just want to vote for a game, but valve makes it darn near impossible.
Um, no. The queues have nothing to do with actual voting. If you go to a project's Greenlight page, you get the option to vote, no matter whether you went there via a queue or through a search or even a direct link.

Also, queues are not the 'most voted for', they're a selection of games that you haven't voted for yet.
my favourite game is starmade, and yes, it has been submitted to greenlight, the only problem is i can't vote for it because I'm completley turned around on HOW to vote for it. What I mean by voting button is when you click on a greenlit game, there could be a button that you can click that votes for that game in the discription page. The way they have voting set up right now makes it almost impossible to vote for my favourite game because you have to generate these "ques" or whatever to vote for a game, and they only pick games for your "que" that have been most voted for. It makes it a LOT harder for me to vote for starmade because it hasn't been voted for a lot. I just want to vote for a game, but valve makes it darn near impossible.
Its like you ahve understood how things work and then decided to write the complete oposite just to pretend that there is a problem.

Are you trolling or are you really unable to uuse the search function and vote for it? THe buttons are there wheter or not you search for it or it pops up in your que.

Starmade got submitted back in 2012 so im pretty sure a lot of people have voted for it already.
Ultima modifica da Gorlom[Swe]; 29 mar 2014, ore 9:07
Its like you ahve understood how things work and then decided to write the complete oposite just to pretend that there is a problem.

Are you trolling or are you really unable to uuse the search function and vote for it? THe buttons are there wheter or not you search for it or it pops up in your que.

Starmade got submitted back in 2012 so im pretty sure a lot of people have voted for it already.
oh, sorry, i didn't know how things really worked, I guess was just being an idiot. To be honest, i have no idea how the voting works :/
Messaggio originale di Skoardy:
Um, no. The queues have nothing to do with actual voting. If you go to a project's Greenlight page, you get the option to vote, no matter whether you went there via a queue or through a search or even a direct link.

Also, queues are not the 'most voted for', they're a selection of games that you haven't voted for yet.
erm, i didn't see that option anywhere...
ok, I'm not seeing an option to vote anywhere on the greenlight page. this isn't going to be a disscussion on the problems with voting, it's going to be a disscussion on how the heck do i vote? I'm a real newbie here, and you guys seem to be experts, could you help me out here?
StarMade has already been greenlit (as seen at the top of the page) so it can't be voted on anymore. The voting buttons disappear after after a game has been greenlit. All that's left to do is just wait for the developers to finish it and publish it on Steam.
Messaggio originale di SAS:
just hit rate up
...if you're planning on buying the game were it greenlit. Otherwise, that is terrible advice.
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 17
Per pagina: 1530 50

Data di pubblicazione: 28 mar 2014, ore 15:52