The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Hitta de bästa moddarna för ditt spel
Att hitta och installera dina favoritmoddar är nu lättare än någonsin. Modskapare finner också nöje i den strömlinjeformade process för att ladda upp sina moddar direkt till Steam. Klicka här för att lära dig mer.
I'm limited to 50 mods???
I just upgraded my computer and i re-installed Skyrim. Before i upgraded my computer i was subscribed to over 120 mods. Now when i open the launcher and it installs my mods i'm subscribed to, it only installs up to 50. Why is that?
Senast ändrad av Woulfgrimm; 24 mar, 2014 @ 20:19
< >
Visar 1-15 av 25 kommentarer
Amycus 25 mar, 2014 @ 4:19 
There are several threads already on the subject. Basically steam has now put back the cap on 50 mods that it had when it originally launched. Whether it was on purpose or a mistake is still unknown. It only affects the workshop though, so the cap doesn't affect mods you get from other places like nexus.
Darth Putin 25 mar, 2014 @ 5:27 
will this be changed back to unlimited? or is this the way it is going to be?
also, is there a reason why there is a limit?
Senast ändrad av Darth Putin; 25 mar, 2014 @ 5:28
Amycus 25 mar, 2014 @ 6:44 
Ursprungligen skrivet av Wargazym:
will this be changed back to unlimited? or is this the way it is going to be?
also, is there a reason why there is a limit?
Like I said, "Whether it was on purpose or a mistake is still unknown". No idea why the cap is there in the first place, but it was there originally when the workshop launched.

Even if it is a mistake it might take some time to have it changed back. Months ago, steam accidentally made an "update" to skyrim which added the DLC Dawnguard to everyone who hadn't already bought it for free. Took a long time before they even became aware of the problem, and no explanation or apology was ever given, far as I am aware. They just acted like it never happened in the first place.

Just use nexus instead is my advice.
Skald 25 mar, 2014 @ 6:51 
i think this is a bug in the mod manager, it's happened to me too, i've completly deleted skyrim and my mods folder, completly reinstalled and remodded from scratch, but the problem is still there...i guess all we can do is make as big a fuss about it as we can until they fix it.
Skald 25 mar, 2014 @ 6:57 
actually you're right...i've just tested it and it's an actual physical limit to fifty mods...utterly gobsmacked. no idea why they would nerf the entire game like this.
jjb-54 1 25 mar, 2014 @ 8:16 
Well it seems STEAM shut this down now. Yes it did work back when this crap all started - but yes - as stated below, STEAM shut this down. I do not know what to say, except sorry

The Work Around Answer:

First I would FAVORITE all the mods you use. (Until STEAM puts a CAP on that too.) Then I would just create a document that "bookmarks them with hyperlinks" for quick access.

Then Subscribe to the 1st - 50 - Sync with your Skyrim .... then once all those are sync'd - Unsubscribe (they are on your computer and will not be deleted, unless you delete them yourself.)

Subscribe to the next bunch of Mods you want - SYNC and repeat until you have all your mods that you want.

Understand that you will get annoying "ERROR" sort of windows. Just ignore them and play.

.... OR ....

Go to NEXUS to just avoid this all together.
Senast ändrad av jjb-54; 25 mar, 2014 @ 20:54
JKL 25 mar, 2014 @ 10:39 
I have over 250 mods that i would like to use, but I now have to narrow my mod to the best 50 which is really difficult. Plus the funny thing is that I've only brought the game yesterday and noticed the mod limitations.
Amycus 25 mar, 2014 @ 10:43 
Ursprungligen skrivet av JosiahLambert92:
I have over 250 mods that i would like to use, but I now have to narrow my mod to the best 50 which is really difficult. Plus the funny thing is that I've only brought the game yesterday and noticed the mod limitations.
Simply look and see if the mods you like are available on nexus too. Most of them are. Those that aren't should still be below 50 in number.
JKL 25 mar, 2014 @ 11:28 
Thanks, I'll check it out
The helmet head 25 mar, 2014 @ 15:25 
Hey Amycus I check nexus out and I almost made an account but the problem I having is that it asked for my credit card, whats that about. Someone once told me that nexus was free to use. I'd like to use nexus but not if i have to pay subscripion fee's. Can you please clerify for me?
Amycus 25 mar, 2014 @ 15:28 
Ursprungligen skrivet av 32hotrods:
Hey Amycus I check nexus out and I almost made an account but the problem I having is that it asked for my credit card, whats that about. Someone once told me that nexus was free to use. I'd like to use nexus but not if i have to pay subscripion fee's. Can you please clerify for me?
Sure, you missed the fine print on the registration site :) I quote:
"If you do not want to buy Premium Membership simply skip this step by pressing "Create Account" at the bottom of the page."
Woulfgrimm 25 mar, 2014 @ 16:24 
The subscribe and unsubscribe trick does not work. I subscribed to 50 mods then installed them all, then unsubscribed 25 and subscribed to another 25 different mods. When i opened the launcher is said it was checking updates for 25 of the mods that were still subscribed at the start. WTF steam?
jjb-54 1 25 mar, 2014 @ 20:53 
Okay - I'm sorry - it did work for me (at first) I will go try it again tomorrow. I am sorry - and yes I confirmed, this trick dose indeed NOT work ... Please accept my apology!!
Atlas 26 mar, 2014 @ 2:56 
Nexus should be free i cant remeber giving any details when i joined..Don't give credit card details.also be aware that nexus has had issues with False labelled mods that are trojans scan everything you download and manually put them in your data folder
Procyon Dei 26 mar, 2014 @ 7:53 
jjb-54 Yea, because everyone know how to use Nexus!
< >
Visar 1-15 av 25 kommentarer
Per sida: 1530 50

Datum skrivet: 24 mar, 2014 @ 20:19