The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
Zarphos 7 Mar 23, 2014 @ 5:15pm
Skyrim Workshop mods not working.
I got 30 something new mods off the workshop and they've been downloaded as far as I can tell, but they don't show up in my load order. Any ideas?
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
jjb-54 1 Mar 23, 2014 @ 6:13pm 
you have a new CAP -> Thank you Steam < -

you can only subscribe to 50 Mods and NO MORE.

There is a 'work around'.....
The Tales of Darkness 15 Mar 23, 2014 @ 6:20pm 
Wait a minute only 50? When did the limit start?
Mikus Lupus Mar 23, 2014 @ 7:34pm 
This is ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, why did this happen?
ALIEN00007 Mar 23, 2014 @ 10:08pm 
well if there is a work around where is it lol cause this 50 cap is pissin me off
jjb-54 1 Mar 24, 2014 @ 8:01am 
There are two work arounds:

Subscribe to the first 50. Then use the Skyrim Game Launcher (Not SKSE, if you use that) and let them Sync to your computer. Then unsubscribe, yes -> they will still be on your computer and will work. (You might want to "FAVORITE" them, unless Steam puts a cap on that too... So you have easy links to your mods.)

Then Unsubscribe and subscribe to the next list of mods you want in your game.

OR: Go to Nexus and just start dealing with your mods there.
Mikus Lupus Mar 27, 2014 @ 2:09pm 
Ok, I messaged one of the steam support guys about the 50 mod limit and they told me to do this to fix it:

Exit Steam and go to the folder called C:\Program Files\Steam\ (this is the default location for a Steam installation - if you set a different installation directory, you will need to browse to it).

Delete all of the files in this folder except:

- Steamapps and Userdata folders

- Steam.exe (this file is listed as an application and features the black and white Steam logo)

Restart your computer.

Then, launch Steam.exe from within the Steam installation folder, and not from a pre-existing shortcut.

With Steam running, re-test the original issue.

It worked for me and should work for everyone else. Pass it on.
jjb-54 1 Mar 27, 2014 @ 5:12pm 
Yes it got fixed ... boy when they (STEAM) screw up -- at least they do it big time! :P
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 23, 2014 @ 5:15pm