The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
Paulthebear34 Mar 21 @ 2:25pm
How to get 50+ skyrim mods
For skyrim i thought u could have like 100 or something mods but mine just dosent load all my mods it stops at number 50 can someone help me with that

i guess they did limit the mods that sucks!!!! if we complain enough that should help things go along faster they get tired of it and change it backto no mod limit XD
Last edited by Paulthebear34; Apr 4 @ 5:09pm
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
< >
jjb-54 1 Mar 21 @ 2:46pm 
It's a "new" thing - I am honestly thinking STEAM is trying to shut down the MOD support. They certainly seem to be heading in that direction.

As I stated in another post:
- First: Limit Mod File Size. *(done)*
- Second: Limit Mod Subscriptions. *(done)*
- Third: Annoyed Members go else where. *(in process)*
- Fourth: No interest in Mods. *(in process)*
- Fifth: Shut Down Mod Forums.

Why? The only reason I can think - No $$$ to be made here, so cut it off!
(Again - unless someone can give me a better reason.)

Now to answer your question:

The limit is 'set' ... so the work around:

A. Subscribe to the Steam Mods you want - Sync them with your game.
I would strong do one of the two:
.......... Favorite them, unless Steam also puts a limitation on that.
.......... Use a Word Document or such to "Book Mark" your mods

B. Then Unsub after they are sync - they will stay on your computer - and sub to the next nubmer that you want and do the same as above: Favorite them and/or Save their Bookmarks.

C. Which sadly I see happening -> Go To Nexus or other websites that understand the value of the Mod Community.

Wait Value??? Yes -> Logic 101 here: If a game has such great support, and the mod community keeps it alive - people will be looking at your other areas of service. Cut off SERVICE and eventually > I have seen this done way to many times: You cut your own throat, because you cut SERVICE & Support.

And we all know full well that STEAMS Service & Support is a sad joke.
Adura 1 Mar 21 @ 6:01pm 
To be fair, Skyrim had one of the better mod limits. Other games have had much lower limits since their inception =/

Not that it bothered me much >.< I only had 27 mods through steam. Used the nexus for the rest :P
tonius Mar 21 @ 6:42pm 
You have got to be kidding me, I have 100+ mods and I have to do work arounds to use them? This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen coming out of steam. I am still new to the workshop and I am highly disatisfied after wasting countless hours getting my game exactly how I wanted it. I have used steam since the first day it launched and this is the most aggrevated I have ever been with it.
Adura 1 Mar 21 @ 8:33pm 
Originally posted by tonius:
You have got to be kidding me, I have 100+ mods and I have to do work arounds to use them? This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen coming out of steam. I am still new to the workshop and I am highly disatisfied after wasting countless hours getting my game exactly how I wanted it. I have used steam since the first day it launched and this is the most aggrevated I have ever been with it.

It's not a workaround. It's actually how the system worked before, just less automated. (Or rather, automated to turn them off in response to the limit.)

To make sure your 100+ mods work, just go to the Skyrim Launcher -> Data Files -> and tick them all back on.

There, problem solved :P
lotw_1 Mar 21 @ 9:00pm 
Its easy to fix this problem. Tell Steam you don't want it buy not buying anything from them anymore. I am planning to not purchase anything anymore from steam. You want to be that way to your customers, fine. We will go some where else.

BYE STEAM
Eviscerator 1 Mar 21 @ 9:05pm 
this is completely ridiculous and needs to be retured back to the way it used to be
Adura 1 Mar 21 @ 9:34pm 
Originally posted by lotw_1:
Its easy to fix this problem. Tell Steam you don't want it buy not buying anything from them anymore. I am planning to not purchase anything anymore from steam. You want to be that way to your customers, fine. We will go some where else.

BYE STEAM
O_o

Seems kinda harsh, considering they just limited a service they provide for free (and at cost to them.)

Though, the lack of forewarning was egregious >__>
Eviscerator 1 Mar 21 @ 9:50pm 
Originally posted by Adura:
Originally posted by lotw_1:

BYE STEAM
O_o

Seems kinda harsh, considering they just limited a service they provide for free (and at cost to them.)

Though, the lack of forewarning was egregious >__>
I do agree that some peoples' comments regarding this issue on other discussions seem to be very harsh, even though i am livid because of this, I wouldn't stop using steam, I would try to find mods to replace the steam mods on the Nexus, and possibly learn to make mods my self (not likely though)
skprog [AJSA] Mar 21 @ 9:59pm 
not harsh is you consider that they upcharge rich countrys more for games. and that this service is not free but is part of their services provided based on signed service agreements.

i too have stoped buying from steam untill they do some kind of refund policy.
Last edited by skprog [AJSA]; Mar 21 @ 9:59pm
iandenyer Mar 22 @ 5:37am 
Re. harsheness towards Steam: As to this free service: we have no choice but to use Steam for some games (OK. We have the choice not to buy a particular game - no choice at all in my book - or to get a pirated copy; morally unacceptable in ditto). Personally, I would not use Steam were I not forced to. The mod farrago does not surprise, but does infuriate.
verygoodmoon Mar 22 @ 6:01am 
No entiendo por que se ha reducido a 50 mods skyrim por que a salido la opcion en online ???
Por favor dejen disfrutar a la gente jugando con mods como antes yo tenia 142 mods y trabajo ya fue encontrar una estabilidad en todos ellos un monton de dias semanas de dicacion a estos menesteres. Megasto una pasta en juegos aqui pero no creo que puedo confiar mas viendo estas cosas lo encuentro decepcionante. Menos mal que tenemos nexus que igualmente vamos a tener apollo ayi ibamos a poder seguir disfrutando aunque cueste trabajo otra vez. Por favor si podeis arreglarlo hacerlo no se a quien se le a ocurrido la idea por favor expliquen digan algo por que esto afecta mucho a la integridad de la comunidad y confianza puesta en Steam un saludo.
Miller283 Mar 22 @ 7:24am 
A Basic Steam thats still Free and a Premium Steam with Pay monthly,quarterly,yearly.This would make money for Steam to handle the Mods. I would Pay without Question. What do you think ?
verygoodmoon Mar 22 @ 7:32am 
Pienso que es mejor solución eso que ud comenta que no de un día para otro quedarse sin servicio.
jjb-54 1 Mar 22 @ 8:12am 
Originally posted by verygoodmoon:
No entiendo por que se ha reducido a 50 mods skyrim por que a salido la opcion en online ???
Por favor dejen disfrutar a la gente jugando con mods como antes yo tenia 142 mods y trabajo ya fue encontrar una estabilidad en todos ellos un monton de dias semanas de dicacion a estos menesteres. Megasto una pasta en juegos aqui pero no creo que puedo confiar mas viendo estas cosas lo encuentro decepcionante. Menos mal que tenemos nexus que igualmente vamos a tener apollo ayi ibamos a poder seguir disfrutando aunque cueste trabajo otra vez. Por favor si podeis arreglarlo hacerlo no se a quien se le a ocurrido la idea por favor expliquen digan algo por que esto afecta mucho a la integridad de la comunidad y confianza puesta en Steam un saludo.

Translation:
Don't understand why that has been reduced to 50 mods skyrim for that to come off the option in online ???

Please stop to enjoy the people playing with mods as before i had 142 mods and work already was to find a stability in all of them a lot of days weeks of begging to these endeavors. In a pulp Megasto games here but I don't think that I can rely more watching these things I find disappointing. But we have nexus that equally we are going to have apollo ayi we're going to be able to continue enjoying hard though work again. Please if you can fix it do so I don't know who you are to the idea please explain say something to this strongly affects the integrity of the community and confidence placed in Steam a greeting.
jjb-54 1 Mar 22 @ 8:18am 
Originally posted by Miller283:
A Basic Steam thats still Free and a Premium Steam with Pay monthly,quarterly,yearly.This would make money for Steam to handle the Mods. I would Pay without Question. What do you think ?

In today's economy - what would be a "reasonable" fee?

Especially when you have services for mods else where that are FREE - or you can pay for 'better' service.

Either way on those sites - no limitation to mod subscriptions.

And here is the problem with the "FEE BASE" - Steam would be charging people to gain access to other people's work. You would have to keep it at a very basic no profit margin, as other sites have done. You can get as many as you want for free - but to gain access to the faster sites you pay a very BASIC fee rate to get there. You cannot make a profit off this at all, period.
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 21 @ 2:25pm