Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
[Pelvic]Thrust Mar 19 @ 8:00pm
How do i start a vote for games?
I dont know how to start a vote on my favorite game.
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Graeme- Coarse Gentleman Mar 19 @ 8:01pm 
Dude, read. it says clearly on the games page "Would you play/buy this if it were on steam"
You click YES or NO
Read About Greenlight.
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 19 @ 9:54pm 
Originally posted by mckee333472:
I think he means getting votes started for a game. ya know where yes an no arnt available yet.
I have no idea what this means as all games on greenlight has the question and buttons Graeme- Coarse Gentleman is talking about.

There is no way to start any votes as the votes are available the moment a dev submits his work to Greenlight.
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 20 @ 3:20am 
I mean a game not on green light
Very odd way to phrase it in that case.
Anyway as I said there is no way to start any votes or submit other peoples work/games (without it being taken down by Valve for being a fraudulant submission and possible legal actions from the real owners of the rights to that game).
Greenlight isn't about getting the games random consumers want to Steam. It's about screening and evaluating the games that want to get into Steam.

PS: Greame- coarse gentlemans suggestion/tip about reading the FAQ "about greenlight" still applies.
C0untzer0 Mar 20 @ 3:31am 
Oh okay, I think they would be more productive if they gave the consumers some input.
That may be the dumbest thing I read today, congratulations.
C0untzer0 Mar 20 @ 3:35am 
u can all rought in hell. i wa sjust trying to interact with others on this ♥♥♥♥ing steam account
Possibly better to learn how to interact with people first. Although I can guess why nobody irl wants to give you an opportunity to practise.
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 20 @ 3:39am 
Oh okay, I think they would be more productive if they gave the consumers some input. Though i do understand why they do it the way they do. Still suggeting things never hurts.
Valve doesn't go out hunting for games to bring to Steam. All the games in Greenlight have come to Valve cap in hand begging to get accepted onto Steam. The request forum is a trashcan for all the threads made by people that do not bother reading the Greenlight FAQ. Not a single thread there has yeilded any results yet.

If you know of a game you think should be on Steam you should contact the developers (or their publisher) and ask them to submit the game for consideration. (paraphrased from the Greenlight FAQ)

It's just not a sound buisness practice from Valves point of view to "hunt" for games for Steam when they are already dealing with thousands that come by themselves. It's pretty much a waste of their time and most likely money. Chances are that if a game hasn't been submitted to Greenlight it's because the game devs doesn't want it on Steam for whatever reason (minecraft, world of tanks any EA game etc)

gog.com on the other hand listens to requests/wishlists and tries to do something about them.
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 20 @ 3:42am 
ARe you letting C0untzer0 win that easily? :p
C0untzer0 Mar 20 @ 7:46am 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
Doesn't it feel like "I am bipolar!" is the new "I am dyslexic!" internet excuse for this generation?
Having worked with the real thing on a day to day basis, those claiming a serious illness when they only have mild symptoms really hack me off. If you could just see the state of some of those guys...
-Z- Mar 20 @ 3:46pm 
Usually when kids claim to be "bipolar," they just mean that their mood changes quickly, and they can't be arsed to modulate it. What they really mean is that they're hormonal. ...or just simply looking for an out so that they don't need to be held accountable.
Last edited by -Z-; Mar 20 @ 3:46pm
mckee333472 Mar 21 @ 1:37pm 
I dont claim anything. and i hope ur ♥♥♥♥ing happy i take medications and by the way iam over 18 iam not a damn kid
mckee333472 Mar 21 @ 1:50pm 
You dont have the right to say someone claims something or there lying when you know absoultly nothing about them
mckee333472 Mar 21 @ 2:03pm 
dont ♥♥♥♥ing act like you know a damn thing about me. Just because my bipolar is minor doesnt mean it hasnt effected me deeply it doesnt mean i havent had a manic episode it doesnt mean i dont take meds. i really hope your happy for making me cry like a child for calling me stupid the other day. just saying. I dont make up ♥♥♥♥ing lies to back myself up. thats ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
mckee333472 Mar 21 @ 2:13pm 
you hurt me. i was already angry/upset before you butted in
Last edited by mckee333472; Mar 21 @ 2:14pm
mckee333472 Mar 21 @ 2:31pm 
its nice to see how people are treated. When there noobs. thnks for saying tht was the dumest thing you had heard of all day. I try to generalize, i try to make suggestion that work in evryones favor. I try to be a good person. I try but ya know life is cruel. You try your best to not get upset and not have conflict happen becuase you really dont like it and what happens someone comes along and pulls you down.
Last edited by mckee333472; Mar 21 @ 2:32pm
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 21 @ 2:33pm 
dont ♥♥♥♥ing act like you know a damn thing about me. Just because my bipolar is minor doesnt mean it hasnt effected me deeply it doesnt mean i havent had a manic episode it doesnt mean i dont take meds. i really hope your happy for making me cry like a child for calling me stupid the other day. just saying. I dont make up ♥♥♥♥ing lies to back myself up. thats ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
They are acctually talking about it in general terms and not about you specifically.

Maybe forums aren't the best palce to be if you get this bothered by it? Just ignore ppl (or the forum as a whole) that upsets you.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Mar 21 @ 2:34pm
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 19 @ 8:00pm