Steam Greenlight
Is a browser-based game suitable for Greenlight?
Hello,
Im gamedesigner of developer team of browser-based MMO game.
I've red the "about greenlight" article, but didnt find asnwer on the subject=/
< >
Se afișează 1-4 din 4 comentarii
It's admissable, but people will vote no and flame you for it.
I don't think there's anything specifically against releasing a browser based game on Steam, but you might find it very difficult to to actually release it on Steam without a local application for Steam to distribute. To my knowledge there are no browser based games currently on Steam so there's probably no distribution method built into Steam to support them. You could probably develop your own browser based on something like webkit that is purpose built for playing your game though, it might even open up some opportunities to improve the playability of your game by implementing features into your browser to make the game better. You should probably contact Steam support for a definitive answer about it though.
Editat ultima dată de AusSkiller; 19 mart. 2014 la 6:02
For me there nothing but cheap MMRPG's (and I hate mmrpg games), there a wasts of money if you ask me and the developers won't give a ♥♥♥♥-in-hell if your being harrased by internet-trolls or that there are a lot of obviously large number of glitches in the game all the developers care about is how much money they can con out of you!
P.S. I know what I'm talking about, I have first have expieriance!
Postat inițial de FortKavanagh:
For me there nothing but cheap MMRPG's (and I hate mmrpg games), there a wasts of money if you ask me and the developers won't give a ♥♥♥♥-in-hell if your being harrased by internet-trolls or that there are a lot of obviously large number of glitches in the game all the developers care about is how much money they can con out of you!
P.S. I know what I'm talking about, I have first have expieriance!
What ARE you talking about? How is what you are talking (ranting) about connected to the OP's question about browser based games admissability to Greenlight/Steam?

Are you just posting for the community ambassador badge?
< >
Se afișează 1-4 din 4 comentarii
Per pagină: 1530 50

Data postării: 19 mart. 2014 la 3:45
Postări: 4