Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Zoltan Mar 18 @ 10:40am
Where are the rugulators?
As you know we have regulators just about anywhere in the commerciale industry. We have people that keep on eye on banks, food production, drug production, restaurants and even government.

Why can't there be a third party that works for the people who are giving money into these ealy access games? These people would visit facilities, interview developers, review the teams and actually watch them work on getting these games done. There should be a regular monthly inspection were the regulators can repot back to the consumers on what they have seen without any developer bias. That way we know more about the way we spend our money on products that can actually succeed in getting completed.
Last edited by Zoltan; Mar 18 @ 10:42am
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Skoardy Mar 18 @ 10:50am 
Or you could just wait until the game is complete if you don't want to risk anything. You know, accept some personal responsibility for your choices rather than expect someone to spend millions of dollars organising something with no legal rights to demand anything of developers.
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 18 @ 11:43am 
I don't think you have any idea how anything works Zoltan.
C0untzer0 Mar 18 @ 3:41pm 
Where are the rugulators?
Are they a carpet cleaning service?
AusSkiller Mar 18 @ 6:39pm 
Don't buy Early Access games unless you want to give your money to the developers without getting anything in return. If something is unfinished there's always the risk that it will never be finished, if you don't want to take that risk then don't buy Early Access games, we don't need a regulator, what we need is for people to stop being stupid with their purchasing.
Zoltan Mar 19 @ 11:06pm 
Well that is what I have done for some time. I have become very skeptic with the two early access games I did buy. I want to be supportive with great concepts, but I think I would need to find a way to do some research before I ever delve again into early access. So far the experience has been very dissapointing. I don't think it works.
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 20 @ 3:14am 
Originally posted by Zoltan:
Well that is what I have done for some time. I have become very skeptic with the two early access games I did buy. I want to be supportive with great concepts, but I think I would need to find a way to do some research before I ever delve again into early access. So far the experience has been very dissapointing. I don't think it works.
Star forge and Folk tale? Both of those seem very much alive and updating...

I'd say that early access is working just fine and it is more likely that you havent understood what it is. I assume you think it's some kind of open beta with all the polish and buggfixes done or stress testing game servers. It's not. It will take a while for games in early access to be completed.

PS: That you "need to find a way to do some research" makes me afraid... very afraid. You shouldn't be allowed to handle your own money.
Zoltan Mar 20 @ 11:22pm 
I am not dissapointed with Folk Tale, but Star Forge is a very big dissapointment.

The fact that I have not wasted on a whole lot of early access denies your claim that I have money issues. But I would prefer money issues over your personality issues of NPD.

i am allowed to have my own personal opinion
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 21 @ 12:05am 
I am not dissapointed with Folk Tale, but Star Forge is a very big dissapointment.
In what way specifically. I realize I did some jumping to conclusion in my last post. What exactly are the issues you are having with Steam Early Access? Why are you dissapointed with Star Forge?

The fact that I have not wasted on a whole lot of early access denies your claim that I have money issues. But I would prefer money issues over your personality issues of NPD.

Money issues? what? ... I have not made any assumption about the state of your personal economy. My inference was about your general ineptitude (as you" have to find a way to do research", implying that you can't think of anything at the moment of writing that when there are too many ways to count to find things out), not about how much money you have.

My language skills are failing me. What is "NPD"?

i am allowed to have my own personal opinion
Indeed you are, and I will defend that right to my death good sir. However that doesn't stop me from poking that opinion and questioning it :D
What exactly was your opinion? Would you mind reiterating please.
Qon Mar 22 @ 4:50am 
but I think I would need to find a way to do some research before I ever delve again into early access. So far the experience has been very dissapointing. I don't think it works.

So you are saying that you do 0 research and then you get dissapointed when the development doesn't take exactly the same path that you hoped for in your own schedule? Steam even provides both a forum (1 click away!) and reviews (0 clicks away!) if you want to do some basic check with the early adopters and see what they think of the development process.

I bought StarForge a while ago, it is progressing fine. Games take time and they are delivering updates from time to time.

Is it Early Access that doesn't work or your way of using it like a AAA-prepurchase shop?
Last edited by Qon; Mar 22 @ 4:51am
Clarion11 Mar 22 @ 7:13pm 
Thank you everyone for your posts. I was recently at the Planet Explorers forum where a similar recent topic is featured. Star Forge was brought up as well, with the same sentiments being voiced. I tried to do a little research on Planet Explorers and I am concerned with what I found. What I found was a lack of information. Even though Pathea LLC has been in business since 2010, there are no articles, no announcements, no business profiles, no critiques that I was able to locate. Granted my search was not of monumental proportions, but still there should have been something. For instance, what does Pathea mean? What was it derived from? Where did it come from? Path EA? Considering anybody can put up a website, it would be nice to know that money that is freely contributed for the developement of a game is actually going to a game developer and not a mass murder that has stolen a game to exploit it on the web. Anybody that spends money for early access should consider that money as a donation to charity that may or may not bring a dividend. Anyone donating money to a charity should do research to verify that the charity exists and that the funds are being used for the intended reason for the donation. Disclaimer: These statements are not directed at any individual game or website. However: Internet users have already been admonished to verify the sites that they visit and not to make online transactions by various institutions. I don't want to tell anyone how to spend their money, but I liked the game Planet Explorers very much, am interested in buying it, but honestly, I believe EA is responsible for destroying two of my computers, two, with the use of their insane DRM. One game shouldn't cost a person almost two thousand dollars because of their need to (_)ape the computer. The cost of the hardware, the games, the DLC, are not worth their need to violate people or machines. This is why EA isn't around anymore. After looking at the Steam store site and the game page I have reason to consider this. A few things seem to be out of order. Game developers should upfront provide a minimum of information that could be decided by an informed analyst. An address and email, a budget, instead I get a performance of 'Madam Butterfly'.
Sincerely Thank you

Also: Don't blame me for the message. If it wan't me, it'd be someone else. I'd like Steam to be around a lot longer.
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 23 @ 2:38am 
Originally posted by Clarion11:
This is why EA isn't around anymore.
Would you mind clarifying this? Both Early Access and Electronic Arts are still around (Electronic Arts are even using their own digital distribution platform named "Origin".) Which one are you refering to?

An address and email, a budget, instead I get a performance of 'Madam Butterfly'.
Sincerely Thank you
Why an adress? so that the previously mentioned "mass murderer" can find them more easily?
C0untzer0 Mar 23 @ 2:46am 
You mean the Pathea llc in Cordova, Tn?
It's a pity that you couldn't find more information on them, it's out there, alright.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 18 @ 10:40am