The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
jreese46 35 Mar 17 @ 10:29pm
Need help with retextured helmets for non-default races. Default works.
Hi all. I've finished two different Elven armor retextures, but I only did human and elf helmets, because I wasn't sure how to handle the Argonian, Khajiit, and Orc add ons. Now that the armors are working, I am trying to figure out how to do the others.

I went to ck, opened up the ElvenHelmetArgAA, the ElvenHelmetKhaAA, and the ElvenHelmetOrcAA. I wrote down what meshes each AA used for male and female, extracted them and added the texture. I saved them each into the mesh files for the armor mods, male and female, each named the same as the standard helmets, but with Arg, Orc, and Kha at the end. I created duplicates of the various add ons, renamed them to match the armor, and set the nifs to replace the regular elven ones.

Unfortunately, they will not work for me in game, and still revert to the standard Elven. I've opened the new AAs side-by-side with the original Elven AAs and see no difference, save for the nifs selected. I can't find any race-specific textures. I did everything the same as I did the standard default race helmets, but they won't work. I'm kind of at a loss, and can't find a tutorial to walk me through it.

Anybody have experience with this, that would be willing to help me troubleshoot it?
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Cyrax 4 Mar 18 @ 3:02am 
Find your Armor entry (not armor addon). You will see a list of slots the item uses. Then to the right of it (I believe), there is a list of ArmorAddons that are applied.

Over the list of slots, there is a drop-down menu, where you can select the race.
One at a time, select the ones you wish to replace the AA for, delete the one in the list and add the ones you created.

I hope it was clear.
jreese46 35 Mar 18 @ 11:46am 
Yes, it was. It was perfect, and I'm about to go in game and test it right now. I had been trying to mirror the vanilla, which only used ElvenHelmetAA, so I didn't know to add more to it. I went and added the Arg version and it didn't show up at all, but then I noticed the "show all" box and clicked it. The old vanilla AAs were still in there, as was my new ArgAA and my regular AA, so I was able to delete the unneeded vanilla ones and add my own and I think I'm set.

Thank you very much. I was wracking my brain on this, big time.
jreese46 35 Mar 18 @ 12:26pm 
Cyrax, It worked perfectly. Thank you again.
Cyrax 4 Mar 18 @ 12:59pm 
I am happy it helped!
Best of luck with your modding! ^^
jreese46 35 Mar 18 @ 1:04pm 
Thank you. It's pretty daunting.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 17 @ 10:29pm