The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
redzordead13 Mar 15 @ 11:07pm
How do i strafe AROUND enemies without picking up mouse?
I'm relatively new to PC gaming but, I know A and D strafe. Don't come into this post and tell me that A and D strafe, i already know.

My question is, how do i strafe around enemies without picking up my mouse every two seonds to continue strafing in a circular motion around the enemy? I know having some sort of gamepad w/ joysticks would solve this problem but, i'd like to keep using a mouse and keyboard. I'm assuming theres some very easy solution to this that the newbiest of newbs know but, if not I'm prepared to laugh my ♥♥♥ off at the entire PC "master race" for not being able to strafe indefinitely without using a gamepad.

All helpful comments will be appreciated. All non-constructive criticism and stupid remarks will be thoroughly ignored.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
jjb-54 1 Mar 16 @ 8:45am 
Sorry - but that's pretty much the answer ... why I went to a game pad - Logitech ... I found they cost a lot less then MS 360 and work just as well ....
zeromaveric 5 Mar 16 @ 12:01pm 
pretty much only alternative to using a standard mouse is getting your hands on a trackball, and just keeps spinning your thumb on the thing as you move around
redzordead13 Mar 16 @ 1:46pm 
Thank you both for your input. I'm genuinely suprised there isn't an easier way to strafe around enemies not only in Skyrim but in any first-person pc game.
jreese46 40 Mar 16 @ 11:48pm 
By "picking up the mouse" do you mean that if you're strafing left with "A" and pushing your mouse slowly right, you run out of room or off the mouse pad? If that's the case, try changing your mouse sensitivity in the settings tab, in-game. Make it more sensitive, then practice sliding it very slowly, the opposite direction of whichever button you're using. If you strafe left, and look right, it should change the true direction of "left" with each degree you turn, which should give you a decent circle, without running you off the pad. You will be a bit clunky at first, and will probably overcompensate a bit, until you get accustomed to the sensitivity.

That should keep your mouse on the pad, so you don't have to pick it up and move it back to a starting point. Hope it helps.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 15 @ 11:07pm