The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Találd meg a legjobb modokat
Fellelni és telepíteni kedvenc modjaid egyszerűbb, mint valaha. A modkészítők pedig könnyedén tölthetik fel modjaikat közvetlenül a Steamre. Itt megtudhatod, hogyan.
Mod Request: NPC Name Changer
So, I've been thinking, wouldn't it be nice for players to easily change any NPC's name in game without hassle? Of course! But...theres no mod I have found that actually does that :( Its lways, "just use Creation Kit(R) to do that" but look peoples, I CAN'T! I am a failed modder and do NOT want to wait 10 minutes for my slow-poke computer to load creation kit, then try to edit a name and possibly not even have it work! PLEASE! Will someone pretty please with sugar on top create a mod that lets you easily edit any NPC's name, in game? It would be a dream come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
< >
17/7 megjegyzés mutatása
Changing a name is one of the easiest things you can do in CK..
but alrigth...

I believe you can also use console to do it.

Open the console, click the NPC you wish to rename and write:

rename XXX

Where XXX obviously is the name you want.
Try and see if it works.
I'm not an expert but I wonder if this will update any scripts pertaining to that particular NPC? In other words if a script names an actor and says "at this stage say this sentence" does changing the name ingame alter the instance of the actor or the base actor and if so, are any problems likely to occurr as a result?
There sould be no problems like that hypoethetically, since you are only changing the showing name, not the ID.
This seems like the sort of mod where, if it could exist, it would. From what I've read, it's just not really possible to create a mod which will let other players rename NPCs in their game, or at least if it is, it's not worth the amount of effort and headaches...
Thank you all SO SO SO SO SO SO SOOOOOO much! I never thought people would actually respond, but they did! You guys helped me out alot!
Cyrax eredeti hozzászólása:
Changing a name is one of the easiest things you can do in CK..
but alrigth...

I believe you can also use console to do it.

Open the console, click the NPC you wish to rename and write:

rename XXX

Where XXX obviously is the name you want.
Try and see if it works.

No rename command was listed on any website I've seen.

Also, to OP, it wouldn't change how other NPCs refer to them. Which might make things weird, when they talk about an NPC by their vanilla name and you're like: 'who now? O_O'.
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Adura; 2014. márc. 15., 19:03
Also, a google search of "skyrim mod rename" gave me this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35914/?

It says it can be used to alter the names of NPCs (a.k.a actors), but doesn't work for certain important main quest ppl (like the whiterun Jarl)
Legutóbb szerkesztette: Adura; 2014. márc. 15., 19:12
< >
17/7 megjegyzés mutatása
Laponként: 1530 50

Közzétéve: 2014. márc. 15., 10:47