The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
DE_LA_RED1 Mar 14 @ 5:59am
Do I need to use nexus mod mannager ?
Hello every one,

I want to begin to use mods but I am not sure how exactly.. Do I need nexus mod mannager or can I install mods by steam only ?

..if I have to use nexus MM, does it tell me if the mod suits my computer or graphic card ?(mine is GTX 660 ti)

I want to use very basic mods like the edit on the map or my inventory ...etc. Not those mods which edit or add texture to the game.

Thank you..
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
jjb-54 1 Mar 14 @ 6:27am 
There are great mods on Steam that are not on Nexus and there are great mods on Nexus that are not on Steam. Then, yes, there are mods that are on both.

It all really depends on what you want?

Steam is easy to get mods from - just follow the instructions.
Nexus is easy to get mods from - just follow the instructions.

... Both are free ...

Does NMM tell you if the mods will work with your computer. NO, but neither does Steam.

You have to read the requirements - fine print - and the mod forum's posts to see what to expect, what users think and problems they have had.

For the most part the "Ratings/Endorsements" are pretty accurate, but there are some mods that have high ratings - that well .. suck and are buggy and the Creator's have left in shame.

So do not just go by the 'endorsements'.

Read - Read - Read ...

Good luck - Have fun!

ADDED -> Sorry for the duplicate posts. I'm not even sure what happened - other than STEAM went "haywire" right during the time of this post. So the other posts were deleted by me.
Last edited by jjb-54; Mar 14 @ 4:53pm
J3X 13 Mar 15 @ 3:50am 
You do not need to use it, it makes however uninstallation of mods easier.
YardStick Mar 15 @ 5:08am 
Steam is very easy to use for installing mods, you can turn them on or off, and set the load order in the skyrim launcher. I recommend you start there.

NMM gives you more 'jedipowers' what comes to install uninstall update and other things, but it really took me some time to figure out how it's supposed to work. I'm sure somewhere is a tutorial I never found. :D

Now I use both. NMM mods have sometimes larger textures. Which is nice.

Some mods also require SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender). You can just google it download and install it, and then launch the game using it instead of steam.
DE_LA_RED1 Mar 15 @ 2:19pm 
Thank you so much guys for your comments, I appreciate them.

Originally posted by YardStick:
Some mods also require SKSE (Skyrim Script Extender). You can just google it download and install it, and then launch the game using it instead of steam.

I know that the mod SKY UI requires SKSE, so if I want to use that mod I need to install it from steam first, right ?
pleasenoname3 2 Mar 16 @ 3:20am 
No you download that from the makers of it. Look it up in a search engine. Follow the installation instructions to the letter.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 14 @ 5:59am