The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
The Major Mar 13 @ 2:38pm
Help (finding me a home)
*can be off of the steam workshop or the skyrim nexus.*
I need help finding me the perfect house mod.

Ive tried many of them, some from the top lists and some that are lower down, but i cant find the right one for me. The main thing i look for in a house is storage, i like to collect weapons, armour etc,(and have an abundance of beautiful weapon & armour mods) and display them in my house, so lots of display cases, weapon wraks, plaques and mannequins are a must. The best mod for this i found was malkav's museum. It had everything i needed, including dragon priest mask holders, it was the perfect size (for a weapon room), but it didnt feel like a home to me. I need a home that has the same amount of display storage, but i need it to feel like a home. I tried dovahkiins warehouse and bedroom, but i felt it was far too big.

Can anyone point me to a mod that might have what i need? thanks in advance.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
White Cobra12 16 Mar 13 @ 2:54pm 
Look for a castle
cloud2sephiroth12 Mar 13 @ 2:56pm 
Would you care to try an unreleased mod? It is complete, but I want to add a quest for the keys. If you pm me your e-mail I can send it to you. Copy it and paste it into the folder with your other mods and make sure it loads before starting the game.
G20 21 Mar 13 @ 3:00pm 
I ended up making my own, which suites me, of corse i recoment that one (I'll add link)
So maybe you could do the same, I'm talking a guy through how to change all the mannequins in my mod into female mannequins thisevening, so you could take one that's close to what you want and modify it further..
I also made another one that;s probably more like what you're looking for, but i made it for someone who baught me a DLC,
I hope you find what you're looking for, the more suggestions the better for you i recon ;)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=193461996
White Cobra12 16 Mar 13 @ 3:08pm 
I need help with makin a mod please help me ! I'll skip everything and just ask if you will go to the disscusion called Help (new with mods). Pleas help me
jjb-54 1 Mar 13 @ 6:41pm 
Originally posted by G20:
I ended up making my own, which suites me, of corse i recoment that one (I'll add link)
So maybe you could do the same, I'm talking a guy through how to change all the mannequins in my mod into female mannequins thisevening, so you could take one that's close to what you want and modify it further..
I also made another one that;s probably more like what you're looking for, but i made it for someone who baught me a DLC,
I hope you find what you're looking for, the more suggestions the better for you i recon ;)

I will second this one and here is why:

A. I hate Castle mods. (Wait what!??) Ya I do, they are usually too big, very empty and have too many Load/Wait Rooms that are really big - empty and useless.

The reasons I like this one.
... No wasted room / empty rooms. He makes each room 'full' without looking cluttered or junky. :)
... His load/wait rooms are worth it. Plus he limits how many there are. :)
... They have a style - design that flows and works. You do not easily get lost and/or wonder - why is this 'room/item' here?

B. He has a good Quest to get the castle. I hate 'silver platter' home mods. I have yet to understand how any home is 'free'. You either have to take the time to build it and/or pay for it. As it should be.

C. It is "out of the way" and he as a Teleportation Spell that makes it work, nicely.

It is the only Castle that I have endorsed and recommended.

Give it a look see.
cloud2sephiroth12 Mar 16 @ 12:49pm 
I guess I should have added that I do have load doors to the different areas, but no wasted space. I collect things so I wanted ample storage. I have never filled the mannequins, book shelves, or armor racks/ displays as yet. There are labeled storage chests/ barrels for nearly all item types, and all but one chest is safe storage. The exception to that rule is marked as such.
There is a master bedroom, three separate bedrooms, a blacksmith's bedroom (unoccupied at this time), and a bunk room that will sleep eight more. Two libraries for book storage, a small vault, smithy ( with mannequins), alchemy/enchanting area, smiming area with more mannequins, and a very large armor storage area (mannequins again), and a weapons storage room full of displays and wall racks ( and again mannequins). It has been cleaned with TES5Edit, and played as my primary home for better than a year. The only way it could glitch is with something trying to be in the same spot... uphill and to the right of the fast travel spot in Riverwood.
The Major Mar 16 @ 12:57pm 
F*** me... that looks nice, subscribed, testing it now.

Originally posted by cloud2sephiroth12:
Would you care to try an unreleased mod? It is complete, but I want to add a quest for the keys. If you pm me your e-mail I can send it to you. Copy it and paste it into the folder with your other mods and make sure it loads before starting the game.
Sure
The Major Mar 16 @ 12:57pm 
Also sorry for no replies, this discussion was locked for some reason and i couldnt view anything.
The Major Mar 16 @ 2:34pm 
Wow... thats.... awesome... I believe this may be it, onlyonly 1 bad thing to say though (not too negative) 1: it suffers from the same problem as everything, the amount of mannequins in the small place means they move around and go out of place and stuff. Any fixes for that would be nice. Also, how many "skulls of the palace" are there, i am determined to collect them all, also, wtf do they do?
G20 21 Mar 16 @ 2:48pm 
Originally posted by The Major:
Wow... thats.... awesome... I believe this may be it, onlyonly 1 bad thing to say though (not too negative) 1: it suffers from the same problem as everything, the amount of mannequins in the small place means they move around and go out of place and stuff. Any fixes for that would be nice. Also, how many "skulls of the palace" are there, i am determined to collect them all, also, wtf do they do?
they only do that the first couple of times you walk in
G20 21 Mar 16 @ 2:49pm 
The secret to optimise this with the number of mannequins is to create room bounds with approximately 20 or less mannequins per room bounds (not room, it's an invisible baoundry)
G20 21 Mar 16 @ 2:50pm 
The best fix i know of is to not run around inside so much
G20 21 Mar 16 @ 2:53pm 
Also, if you are spending a long time in your abode and want them all to be in place (and they are not, (this can also happen if you've not been home for a while)) you can add something small to a mannequin like a ring or something, where the trigger is and the mannequin will return to the place it's meant to be.
G20 21 Mar 16 @ 2:54pm 
Basically there is no fix, this palace is optimised to the max for this sort of quantity of mannequins.
G20 21 Mar 16 @ 2:54pm 
By the way, glad you like it ;)
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 13 @ 2:38pm