Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Romans Mar 12 @ 4:06pm
Games that are a Scam
How do we, the comsumers fight against Steam Greenlight games that a scam? Games that take pre-order money/early access cash and then never post updates, never release game info, dev blogs of substance or even new screenshots.

How do we/can we get these games off steam and or warn other gamers from falling prey?
Showing 1-15 of 61 comments
< >
Graeme- Coarse Gentleman Mar 12 @ 4:09pm 
Honestly, you can't do much aside from flagging the games if you have proper evidence of fraud taking place.

The people here are some of the most uninformed consumers in the world. It's quite sad really.
Romans Mar 12 @ 4:11pm 
What are you talking about? Paying on kickstarter or pre-ordering and then expecting to get regular updates makes me an uninformed consumer? Come back when you know somethng.
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 12 @ 4:37pm 
Originally posted by Romans:
How do we, the comsumers fight against Steam Greenlight games that a scam? Games that take pre-order money/early access cash and then never post updates, never release game info, dev blogs of substance or even new screenshots.

How do we/can we get these games off steam and or warn other gamers from falling prey?
write a negative recommendation on the games store page where you explain the details.
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 12 @ 4:40pm 
What are you talking about? Paying on kickstarter or pre-ordering and then expecting to get regular updates makes me an uninformed consumer? Come back when you know somethng.
Buying into something before information is available (such as about how often they update) does kind of technically make you uninformed... doesn't it?
Although I don't think that is what Graeme thought you were talking about (and thus isn't what he is talking about. I assume that he has limited the scope to Greenlight and possibly stretching as far as Steam Early Access... but as he says "here" I doubt it.).
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Mar 12 @ 4:41pm
Graeme- Coarse Gentleman Mar 12 @ 4:43pm 
Because I was clearly talking about you specifically.

Anybody who does not look to see what they are getting, and who is getting their money, is an idjit. If you throw your money at kickstarter projects without the slightest idea of who is running it, or what the quality of the final product will be, then yes, you are an uninformed customer. The worst kind.
Sera Mar 12 @ 5:48pm 
Kinda why I always check reviews (if existing), informations, descriptions, etc before deciding anything for a game I want... Apparently not everyone do the same and yeah, that's sad. How to stop scam game? Don't pay for them, don't fund them (kickstarter and the likes), don't vote for them, etc...

It's your own fault if you blindly buy something you don't know anything about. Because you can wait if you aren't sure about a game you find interesting. You know that, right?
amerk Mar 14 @ 8:38am 
From the OP, it seems as if the thread is really about how to save the consumer from themselves. While I think more concrete rules should apply to Early Access, the decision on whether or not you should pay for an incomplete game with no guarantee of a finished product or getting refunded if the project falls through falls solely yourself.

Otherwise, the famous saying still applies that the fool and his money are easily parted.
Thumbs Up! Mar 17 @ 11:51am 
Help get this game in Steam!

Look around and find out more about this game. If you liked it, and you want to see it in Steam, you can leave a positive assessment by using the buttons below. Click here to learn more about how this process occurs

20 translations later google gives you:

See, I have in the game is in the city,

For many have more information about games to look at. I hate to take part in the competition to love the good customers around the world. If you have more on this matter the more information, the way of
Alex Volchik Mar 17 @ 12:18pm 
low
Strategy Player Jun 4 @ 5:29pm 
"How do we, the comsumers fight against Steam Greenlight games that a scam? Games that take pre-order money/early access cash and then never post updates, never release game info, dev blogs of substance or even new screenshots."

As a video game consumer I have a very simple solution.

I never pre order a game.

I only buy a game that other people have bought and left reviews about it.
Last edited by Strategy Player; Jun 4 @ 5:33pm
amerk Jun 4 @ 6:05pm 
Originally posted by Strategy Player:
"How do we, the comsumers fight against Steam Greenlight games that a scam? Games that take pre-order money/early access cash and then never post updates, never release game info, dev blogs of substance or even new screenshots."

As a video game consumer I have a very simple solution.

I never pre order a game.

I only buy a game that other people have bought and left reviews about it.

This is exactly it. Do your homework and don't rush into buying games on a whim, and then blaming everybody but yourself for not being careful with your money.
harry72023 Jun 5 @ 1:27am 
sinple solution stop buying greenlighted games like me ;) since steam wont take us seriously
Gorlom[Swe] Jun 5 @ 1:42am 
Originally posted by harry72023:
sinple solution stop buying greenlighted games like me ;) since steam wont take us seriously
Or you know.... you could make some research on the title? read a few reviews. Look at a few lets plays?
Things people did before buying games back beforepeople apparently turned into braindead zombies (when I wasn't looking) buying whatever is even slightly hyped by some pretty pictures or a teaser trailer?
Skoardy Jun 5 @ 2:03am 
Originally posted by harry72023:
To be fair, I don't think I'd take anyone seriously who decided to swear off buying games that also passed through the same service as a specific game that once did (but no longer does) something I didn't like (even though, by all rights, it was perfectly allowed to).

It'd be like deciding never to travel in a motor vehicle again because you once got grime on your trousers (now long since cleaned) from a car door.
thats right
Showing 1-15 of 61 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 12 @ 4:06pm