The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
natasel96 Mar 11, 2014 @ 12:28pm
Mods don't load. Does Nexus conflict?
I tried to get the latest version or the Frostfall mod from Nexus and now none of my old mods seem to work.

And advice on how to get things back to the way they were?
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
G20 22 Mar 11, 2014 @ 12:31pm 
Check they're ticked in your data files.
Last edited by G20; Mar 11, 2014 @ 12:31pm
natasel96 Mar 11, 2014 @ 12:43pm 
Never unchecked the boxes. They just don't load for some reason.

Even tried deleting the game and loading it again (Skyrim Legednary edtion, the one with all the DLC) but no luck.

Hey what do you call a place in real life that repairs malfunctioning game software mods like this? Fixing this is something I'd pay for by now.
G20 22 Mar 11, 2014 @ 1:03pm 
So the boxes are still checked, when i first got NMM, they all became unchecked on their own (or by NMM), since then i've met a few people with the same thinggy happen.
Sorry i don't know more, but it's good to keep the thread going. someone will have the solution off of the top of their head I'm sure. Also there is a pinned thread worth checking, i can't rmrmber what its called but there's a few good souls who like to help trouble shoot.
Good luck M8.
natasel96 Mar 11, 2014 @ 1:31pm 
Thanks G20, I really appreciate this.

BTW, I was serious about being willing to pay for someone to fix this.

I've already paid for the original game and the all dlc version. What's a few more to get this running smoothly?

Once again, serious. Will give money. Any ideas on who to give it to IRL to fix it?
Adura 1 Mar 11, 2014 @ 1:46pm 
maybe double check (and/or recheck) the mods you want to use in the NMM, as well as double check on the launcher's Data Files.

Perhaps leaving one set unchecked is overwriting everything.

edit: also, you stated that OLD mods don't work anymore. Why not try regaining/redownloading them? Might fix it if new mods are working fine.
Last edited by Adura; Mar 11, 2014 @ 1:47pm
natasel96 Mar 11, 2014 @ 2:49pm 
Thank Aurda, know anyone who will do this for a fee?

BTW, what is NMM?

Going to have to take a few hours to do it. Idiot that I am, I subsbscibed over 500 mods >_<; and all I wanted originally was Frostfall (Hypothermia/Survival Mod).

Let this be a lesson. Modding is for the L33T (or at leat the competent) and not the N00BS.
Adura 1 Mar 11, 2014 @ 3:00pm 
Originally posted by natasel96:
Thank Aurda, know anyone who will do this for a fee?

BTW, what is NMM?

Going to have to take a few hours to do it. Idiot that I am, I subsbscibed over 500 mods >_<; and all I wanted originally was Frostfall (Hypothermia/Survival Mod).

Let this be a lesson. Modding is for the L33T (or at leat the competent) and not the N00BS.

Do what for a fee? We're already trying to help ~_~
And there is no help phoneline for things like this. Mods are entirely user-made and user-run.

NMM is the Nexus Mod Manager.

.... over 500 mods?....

You should know that Skyrim can only run 256 esm/esp files. So unless 245 of those are just texture/mesh replacers, most of them are not going to run.
Last edited by Adura; Mar 11, 2014 @ 5:13pm
natasel96 Mar 12, 2014 @ 6:24pm 
Thanks for the help, but I still feel better knowing that I am paying for the help (yes, I'm strange that way.)

Over the course of the last two days, I've deleted and reloaded Skyrim: Legendary Edition, loaded Nexus and deleted it when it would not work without Administrator clearance (forgetting how to activate said Admistrator clearance until yester day >_<) and may have done something horrid to my laptop.

At this point, I need professional help to get back into Skyrim -_-;
natasel96 Mar 13, 2014 @ 4:27pm 
To G20 and Adura.

I'm not sure if this will reach you but I hope it does.

Thank you for trying to help.

I've just learned that the reason none of my mods are working is because I've overloarded the number of mods.

Will try to bring it down to less than 100.

I can't do much, but do tell if there is something I can do to return the favor.
Adura 1 Mar 13, 2014 @ 4:36pm 
Skyrim can only hold 256 esp/esm files. Most mods take up 1 of those spaced =/

You said you had 500+, sooooo most of those will not work.

I'd suggest starting small. Just start with a few, make sure they work well, and slowly add over time.

I'm not adverse to donations, but for this kind of help it's really unneeded. The Skyrim community is nice like that :3 Consider it free to someone new to modding games XD

...even if you seem to feel like you need to pay for help.... you might want to get away from that mentality for some things XD It'd save you lots of money.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 11, 2014 @ 12:28pm