Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
Discover And Share User Maps
Download new user maps and extend you game experience. Create your own maps and share it with friends and community. Click here to learn more about sharing your content.
DJroadking Mar 9 @ 5:25pm
Nukemtown/DukeTown map idea
I was wondering if anyone has thought about making the fan favorite "Nuketown" map from CoD: Black Ops a map for multiplayer on Duke Nukem 3D. I've been diving into the level editor some today trying to get the hang of it but if anyone wants to help with this let me know or if you can give me some pointers for using the editor...
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
haha nerds... 1 Mar 11 @ 6:18am 
If you haven't found it already, this editor guide is great: http://infosuite.duke4.net/
Micky C 3 Mar 15 @ 5:37am 
Thanks for your referrals to that guide Mateos. It really is a superset of everything you need to learn how to map, anyone posting links to individual guides aren't giving the full picture, even guides as awesome as the infosuite.
>M@tEo$< Mar 15 @ 5:52am 
No problem, you took the time to write it, it's really a gold mine for beginners on Steam :)
StarCraftZerg 13 Mar 18 @ 1:59pm 
Hey man, I told you that I had the idea of making Nuketown, but that map would be hard and tedious to make using the build engine. I'm not saying it's impossible to make, but I am saying that it's not worth wasting your entire life over, but if you are as dedicated as you seem to be, then I wish you the best of luck!
Micky C 3 Mar 29 @ 5:27am 
I know this comment is a little late, but here's my thoughts on this Duketown idea.

1. As it's been said, making a version of the map even remotely close to the original in terms of layout would be incredibly difficult, and even if you were to pull it off, it would look quite limited. (It wouldn't be so bad if we had TROR and polymer from eduke32 but we don't in megaton).

2. The gameplay is completely different. COD is all about slow movement, iron sights, sniper rifles, headshots etc. Duke is super fast-paced with relatively inaccurate guns blazing non-stop. If the map were to be made, I just don't think it would flow very well and people would only play it as a novelty.

I'm actually sort of working on a version of Sausage Factory for DM, and I can tell you that things which are extremely simple and standard in a 3D engine take a LOT of skill and elbow grease to pull off in 2.5D, if it's possible at all.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50