Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
yiotoo Mar 2, 2014 @ 11:10am
Does the greenlight still worth?
I heard that greenlight will be shutdown and I have a game and want to publish, but I didn't pay yet the fee.
Do you guys think that woth pay the fee? I think that I can lose the investment if it was shutdown.
What do you guys think?
Last edited by yiotoo; Mar 2, 2014 @ 11:24am
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Hail to the King! Mar 2, 2014 @ 12:55pm 
I think you should pay anyway, cause your money will help children.
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 2, 2014 @ 1:19pm 
When do you think your game will be completed? Greenlight is more evolving into something else more than shutting down as far as I understand it. But it's all happening in Valve time so unless your game is beging developed by valve time as well it seams reasonable that it would still be worth it.
At least untill there is some announcement saying what date Valve is "closing down" Greenlight.
yiotoo Mar 2, 2014 @ 2:12pm 
my game is finished for android in the google store, i can easy export for windows.
so the things are uncertain, right? I am afraid too that it become free and I paid for nothing...

here is the promo video, do you think that I can get a chance? or no way, I am not experienced in greenlight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qkj7s9h2GE&feature=youtu.be

Gorlom[Swe] Mar 2, 2014 @ 2:31pm 
I think it is going to have a very tough time passing greenlight. Steam users generally feel that games made for mobile devices that are ported to PC are not suited for Steam.
Just mentioning that it is a port from mobil devices will make some people instantly press the no button. Others will reach for the no button because of the poor visuals. I think the gameplay and mechanics simply aren't suited for PC. It's likely that this will feel repetetive and booring very soon. It's more of a minigame you play on the cellphone on the bus or whatevver.

Have you compared this game to other games on Greenlight and looked at the reactions of people to those games?
I think you should look at what people are saying about "infinite UFO".

It's a decent attempt for your second stab at game making but it is a bit lackluster for commercial distribution.
yiotoo Mar 2, 2014 @ 2:34pm 
thanks!!! for the review. I think you are right
Last edited by yiotoo; Mar 2, 2014 @ 2:36pm
AT Petsan Mar 4, 2014 @ 12:00pm 
We love, we hate..
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 2, 2014 @ 11:10am