Steam Greenlight
Combat system without hit points - medieval/fantasy mostly.
So, instead of classic HP stamina decides, when you die - characters can take a beating by blocking and redirecting hits to non-vital areas, draining stamina. Stamina hits zero - next hit incapacitates him and after that the character is open for killing blow.

Any games utilize something like this?
< >
Сообщения 110 из 10
So you substitute "hitpoints" for "stamina"?
Автор сообщения: GorlomSwe
Yep, basically. Instead of "hits zero - you're dead" meter you get "hits zero - you can't stand" one. You can't stand and defend yourself - you're an easy prey that is killed with one hit.

It's a very complicated system - there should be calculations about traumas, pain, bleeding. Also it allows "adrenaline rush" perk that allows character to ignore any ill effects from wounds and traumas for a while.
Отредактировано Necrius; 26 фев. 2014 в 9:08
Автор сообщения: Necrius
Yep, basically. Instead of "hits zero - you're dead" meter you get "hits zero - you can't stand" one. You can't stand and defend yourself - you're an easy prey that is killed with one hit.
Well, zero is still zero, you're just representing it differently and adding an extra penalty to reaching 'one'.

While adding complication to a system, when it comes to games, you've got to actually consider does it add enjoyment or just clutter and a false sense of depth.
Автор сообщения: Skoardy
Well, zero is still zero, you're just representing it differently and adding an extra penalty to reaching 'one'.

While adding complication to a system, when it comes to games, you've got to actually consider does it add enjoyment or just clutter and a false sense of depth.
Meh, it's details. I'm thinking globally.
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
Are you kidding me...? Did no one ever play Romancing Saga? Wtf...

Alright, let me explain. Romancing Saga uses a fun battle system with 2 stats for life. HP and LP... Your HP is your health. Of course, it's never good if you let it go down but you won't die if you run out of it. Here's where it becomes tricky. Monsters can also or will inflicts LP to you if you're down or at any time. Life points... If you run out of those, you die. Simple.
Автор сообщения: Sera
Are you kidding me...? Did no one ever play Romancing Saga? Wtf...

Alright, let me explain. Romancing Saga uses a fun battle system with 2 stats for life. HP and LP... Your HP is your health. Of course, it's never good if you let it go down but you won't die if you run out of it. Here's where it becomes tricky. Monsters can also or will inflicts LP to you if you're down or at any time. Life points... If you run out of those, you die. Simple.
Those freaks not owning a console... Why they're allowed to live at all?

Meh, it's details. I'm thinking globally.
You got it wrong, this is details from the very beginning. This requires whoever uses it to solve a lot of (as yet) unanswered problems. It pretty much needs a tailormade game to the mechanic. You can't just up and lift hitpoints out of a game and put this in it's place.
I can throw an idea in and let some actual coders think over it and maybe implement something like that in a game.
Отредактировано Necrius; 26 фев. 2014 в 10:13
You got it wrong, this is details from the very beginning. This requires whoever uses it to solve a lot of (as yet) unanswered problems. It pretty much needs a tailormade game to the mechanic. You can't just up and lift hitpoints out of a game and put this in it's place.
I can throw an idea in and let some actual coders think over it and maybe implement something like that in a game.
If an idea is not properly thought out it's not worth a coders time to implement. This is why "ideas people" make terrible game designers.
Отредактировано AusSkiller; 26 фев. 2014 в 10:44

It's a very complicated system - there should be calculations about traumas, pain, bleeding. Also it allows "adrenaline rush" perk that allows character to ignore any ill effects from wounds and traumas for a while.
So...basically the D&D 3.5 health system.
< >
Сообщения 110 из 10
Показывать на странице: 1530 50

Дата создания: 26 фев. 2014 в 8:40