The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
DuckofInsanity Feb 24 @ 7:34pm
Creating first mod
I'm hoping to create a mod for myself. Havn't decided. Maybe myself as a follower or a guy that sells all the stuff I have from all my mods. My concern is my worry of how much of a noob I am. I am looking at the noob tutorial on http://www.creationkit.com/Category:Getting_Started
but I am worried I will mess my game up in some way. Is this possible? Anything to maks sure I don't screw up my game?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
jjb-54 1 Feb 24 @ 9:11pm 
RULE # 1 - BACK UP EVERYTHING - Saved games and your mods.

Create a directory like:
.... Holding/Saved Games
.... Holding MODs
.... Holding My mod Creations

Then back them up religiously - IE; Everytime yo make a major change to your Mod and keep one Saved Game that is just for this mod developement.

WHen you are going to Play the game for fun - Copy that game over to the directory and MOVE your Mod - Saved Game and visa-versa when you are going to experiment/play w/the mod.
DuckofInsanity Feb 24 @ 9:15pm 
Originally posted by jjb-54:
RULE # 1 - BACK UP EVERYTHING - Saved games and your mods.

Create a directory like:
.... Holding/Saved Games
.... Holding MODs
.... Holding My mod Creations

Then back them up religiously - IE; Everytime yo make a major change to your Mod and keep one Saved Game that is just for this mod developement.

WHen you are going to Play the game for fun - Copy that game over to the directory and MOVE your Mod - Saved Game and visa-versa when you are going to experiment/play w/the mod.

Can you send me a message so I can talk to you about it
jjb-54 1 Feb 24 @ 9:16pm 
Done ...
Adura 1 Feb 25 @ 3:50am 
Originally posted by DuckofInsanity:
or a guy that sells all the stuff I have from all my mods.

Unless those mods are masterfiles (which I highly doubt) then this is not a beginner's project. It is very annoying and potentially difficult to link esps together nicely - making it hard for mods to use items/npcs from other mods.
jjb-54 1 Feb 25 @ 5:57am 
Adura is 100% spot on - be careful about interlinking other mods.

Now in saying that - and I humbly submit to wise more experienced mod creators:

-> I will simply restate what I think you are saying, for clarification.

You want to create a Merchant that will either:

A. Buy everything you want to sell - from Vanilla - DLC's - other Unique Mod Specific Items to the merchant to ....

...> Buy directly from you?
...> Sell them for you and you get the profits?
DuckofInsanity Feb 25 @ 8:54am 
Originally posted by jjb-54:
Adura is 100% spot on - be careful about interlinking other mods.

Now in saying that - and I humbly submit to wise more experienced mod creators:

-> I will simply restate what I think you are saying, for clarification.

You want to create a Merchant that will either:

A. Buy everything you want to sell - from Vanilla - DLC's - other Unique Mod Specific Items to the merchant to ....

...> Buy directly from you?
...> Sell them for you and you get the profits?

No it was just getting annoying because I have so many spell mods and so I have in total 500 new spells from mods and I hate adding every single one through the console on all my saves it takes forever. Some have a special merchant that sells their spells but some don't so I wanted to create one that sold all of them. That mod wasn't as important to me though
Sweet Jesus Tender Bunz 21 Feb 28 @ 12:18am 
I GOT A GREAT IDEA. If you want to make a mod, then place a rock somewhere in skyrim. JUST for pride. then take your time to make your second mod good. SO YOU BLOW EVERYONES MIND cause they all expected a ♥♥♥♥ mod.
Dragon_Born 5 Mar 1 @ 2:40pm 
how do i upload my mods to the work shop im really new to modding
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 24 @ 7:34pm