Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
James64bit Feb 19, 2014 @ 2:43am
Required age?
Do I have to be over 18 to publish my game on Greenlight? I'm not 18 just yet, but I have programs and project going on. I had to check the FAQ many times and contact Valve without any help. I hope I get help here. Thanks!
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Sir Dirge of Cykaland Feb 19, 2014 @ 2:46am 
No. At least, I don't think so.
James64bit Feb 19, 2014 @ 2:48am 
Originally posted by Bloodseeker Edge -----(I====>:
No. At least, I don't think so.
All right, let's hope for the best.
AusSkiller Feb 19, 2014 @ 3:56am 
I'm pretty sure there's no age requirement to submit to Greenlight, but you may have trouble releasing the game on Steam if it does get greenlit, depending on the laws in your country. Some countries require you to be a certain age before you can create a company, sign certain types of legal documents, and other such things that could be required to release on Steam, though usually you can have a parent/guardian/proxy take care of that on your behalf if you aren't legally capable, so you should still be able to proceed in one way or another. If you get greenlit I'd imagine Valve would probably be able to advise you better on what you would need to do, I'd also strongly recommend seeking proper legal advice if you get greenlit.
James64bit Feb 19, 2014 @ 4:43am 
Originally posted by AusSkiller:
I'm pretty sure there's no age requirement to submit to Greenlight, but you may have trouble releasing the game on Steam if it does get greenlit, depending on the laws in your country. Some countries require you to be a certain age before you can create a company, sign certain types of legal documents, and other such things that could be required to release on Steam, though usually you can have a parent/guardian/proxy take care of that on your behalf if you aren't legally capable, so you should still be able to proceed in one way or another. If you get greenlit I'd imagine Valve would probably be able to advise you better on what you would need to do, I'd also strongly recommend seeking proper legal advice if you get greenlit.
all right, thanks!
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 19, 2014 @ 2:43am