Portal 2

Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
Freeman|TR 20 Feb 18, 2014 @ 2:10am
【Hammer】I'm getting angry with the ambient_generic !
I created a trigger_once,an ambient_generic.I'm sure the trigger inputs and outputs are correctly set for when I stepped in to the trigger_once,something showed up in the dev console "Failed to load sound 'ambience\glados\ccwillcomp.wav'. File is missing from disk/repository".But I know that the wave file is a voice line in portal 1.Does this matter?If not,how exactly to play a sound in game with no error !!!
Much thanks !
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
TeamSpen210 14 Feb 18, 2014 @ 2:17am 
Portal 2 doesn't have the portal 1 audio files. The definitions are still there, so they show up in hammer but won't work. (Things with "apertureai" won't work). All the voiceover dialog won't play in hammer for some reason, but will ingame. You can extract the files from the first game, and pack them into your map if you want.
Last edited by TeamSpen210; Feb 18, 2014 @ 2:19am
Freeman|TR 20 Feb 18, 2014 @ 2:21am 
So even I put the voice line wav file to the portal 2 folder,it doesn't work?Then can I play the portal 2 voice lines by using the ambient_generic?I downloaded these voice lines waves from web for I can't find them anywhere in local portal 2 folders.
TeamSpen210 14 Feb 18, 2014 @ 2:38am 
For the portal 2 voice files, you should probably be using logic_choreographed_scene. They are more advanced - characters will wait for others to talk, PotatOS's light will blink and some have preset animations for Wheatley or GLaDOS. They also give you onCompleted outputs to make sequences work better.

All the files are compressed inside the .vpk files. You can extract them using GCFscape (open the pak01_dir files), but the game can read them fine from there.
Freeman|TR 20 Feb 18, 2014 @ 4:42am 
I'll try it thank you !
Originally posted by TeamSpen210:
For the portal 2 voice files, you should probably be using logic_choreographed_scene. They are more advanced - characters will wait for others to talk, PotatOS's light will blink and some have preset animations for Wheatley or GLaDOS. They also give you onCompleted outputs to make sequences work better.

All the files are compressed inside the .vpk files. You can extract them using GCFscape (open the pak01_dir files), but the game can read them fine from there.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Feb 18, 2014 @ 2:10am